Why Do You Think Your Bun Thumps?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripley thumps now at 4 am to get me out of bed to let him out. :p Just when he's mad I'm not letting him out of his cage, he'll start thumping until I do.

I got a recent thump, first one for Conan. He was very unpleased I was trying to pick him up (to take him to the treats) and he turned around, gave me what I swear was a dirty look and thumped once. Heh, a few minutes later he was happily nomming away next to my side like nothing happened.

I get that too... never mind that the only time I'll actually chase Nala around to catch her (instead of giving up if she hops away) is to take her outside, which she loves. she binkies like mad as soon as we get out there.

Some bucks thump their back foot after a successful mating. Not sure where that comes from, since in the wild, that would be a very stupid thing for rabbits to be doing.

Katherine my bunny Alice is exactly like yours! If i bring the food out and it's not in the bowl quick enough she starts thumping! If i'm stroking Bonnie and Casey and she keeps on jumping on me to get strokes too and i ignore her she'll thump, if i give her a new toy or change her shed around she'll thump. Whereas Buckley, Casey and Bonnie only thump if something scares them, and i have never heard Bella thump :)

Back