Why do they sell them...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
I called the pet shop where I purchased my rabbitand asked what breed my rabbit was cause I wanted to make sure if itwas a french lop or not and they just said "its a regular lop earredrabbit"

I said " Do u realize how many different type breeds of rabbits therewere out there?" " You work in a pet shop you should know what yourselling" Now im frustrated because of this. Not that itsgonna change my feelings for my bun but if you work in that environmentyou honestly should know what your carrying.

She said its an apple something cause it has an apple head im like okwhat exactly is an apple head? she dint know how to describe it now Igotta go get me a camera and take a pic of Stitch post it which I wasgonna do anyway and have Pam help me figure her out :D

yeah, they call them all "dwarf rabbits" or "lop rabbits".

Most salespeople just don't know much, and often they arethankful for any bits of info they can pass along to the next customer.

Although....one story is heartwarming:

The local Petco got a shipment of various baby bunnies. One was aJersey Wooly with horrible matting, looked pretty yucky. Thesalespeople spent a whole evening collectively untangling the poorlittle fellow, who looked beautiful when I saw him--all clean softfluff. Had a much better chance of a good home because a couple ofpeople cared.

Rose

I don't hear the expression much anymore, but the Holland Lop was always said to have an "apple" shaped head.

Pam

Rabbitgirl....what state orcounty and city do you live in ..because the petco in anaheim CA doesnteven sell rabbits?? please get back to me on this. thanks

the petco here doesnt sell bunnies either.Itsincredibly stupid for them to sell bunnies and not know what kind theywere..If i went to buy snow tires they wouldnt say i dont know whatkind they are black and round.bluebird

I am in IL and my petco sells bunnies but i nevertried to buy one. They arent super tiny so that isgood. Plus sometimes they have bunnies on the adoption tableand hamters and gerbils and mice.

Cristy

This is just another good reason to educateyourself. Clerks in stores are justthat.....clerks. Another good reason to buy from a reputablebreeder or adopt from a shelter where there is a known history on therabbit.

- Dolores

I guess I shoulda got her from a breeder but shewas so cute and she wanted me to pick her up the moment she saw me andafter I held her I was sold and when I bought her all I honestlythought of was "no snake food for you baby your all mine to spoilrotten"

the rabbits at petco are about 40.00 unless theyare up for adoption then they are cheaper. remember thecompany isnt teaching them about rabbits so not really the clerksfault. But it wouldnt hurt for them to educate themselves on bunnies.

Cristy

rabbitluvr04 wrote:
Rabbitgirl....what state or county andcity do you live in ..because the petco in anaheim CA doesnt even sellrabbits?? please get back to me on this. thanks

WI. Some petcos don't carry them, and some live in worse conditions than ours. Depends on the store.

Rose

Latest posts

Back