Why do rabbits like rugs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLover

Reaction score
Hi,
Do rabbits like rugs so they will not slip on the floor? My bun loves it and I've heard other rabbits love it too.

Rabbits have only fur on the bottoms of their feet - no pads like dogs and cats. Tile, wood, and linoleum floors make it hard for them to get any traction. Over the years, we've had some rabbits navigate them better than others. We had one house rabbit who was non-plussed by the wood floors in our kitchen, but my current girl - a much larger Flemish Giant - makes for the area rugs to zoom and binky. She does appreciate the cooler wooden floors for stretching out and relaxing though. I have a step down from my kitchen to my family room and I've placed a carpet tread on it to enable her to get up and down more easily. She's a big girl and she was having a hard time hauling herself up before.

IMG_5254.jpeg

wWowRabbits have only fur on the bottoms of their feet - no pads like dogs and cats. Tile, wood, and linoleum floors make it hard for them to get any traction. Over the years, we've had some rabbits navigate them better than others. We had one house rabbit who was non-plussed by the wood floors in our kitchen, but my current girl - a much larger Flemish Giant - makes for the area rugs to zoom and binky. She does appreciate the cooler wooden floors for stretching out and relaxing though. I have a step down from my kitchen to my family room and I've placed a carpet tread on it to enable her to get up and down more easily. She's a big girl and she was having a hard time hauling herself up before.

View attachment 61712
Wow, she is a big rabbit.

Latest posts

Back