Why do bunnies look like they're talking sometimes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Bay Poo

Reaction score
Ok, this is a really random question and not important at all, but I've been curious about it for a while. A lot of times if I sit there talking to Billy, he will stare at me and when I stop talking he will open and close his mouth as if talking. It almost looks like he should be making a cheep cheep noise when he does it, but of course he doesn't make a sound :).

I wanted to know why do you think bunnies do this? Do you think he's imitating me because he sees my mouth moving, or do bunnies adjust their mouth like this all the time for some other reason? I have a short video where you can see his little mouth moving within the first few seconds. You have to look really closely though because his mouth is so tiny!

So, any guesses on why bunnies do this? :)

What do you mean? Didn't you hear what he's saying? I heard it plain as day!

He said "Mama, I want to go live with Pennie, and all of her bunnies in Indiana!"

:biggrin2:

btw Tony does that all the time!

Your avatar is killing me! are those baby Ronnie pics? and that pic of Billy's butt! (or maybe it's ronnie's!):hearts:They are just too cute!

Of course he's talking! It's just that we, stupid humans, cannot understand him! :biggrin2:

What a gorgeous little bun Billy is! Lovely colour too!

Marietta

That was one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
I wish we could understand what they were really saying.....
:eek:hwell: it's just one of those things we are never going to know... or is it..........
:upsidedown:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Your avatar is killing me! are those baby Ronnie pics? and that pic of Billy's butt! (or maybe it's ronnie's!):hearts:They are just too cute!
Ah, little Ronnie. He looks like a baby all the time because he's got that nice round dwarf face :hearts When I made the avatar I only had a picture of Ronnie's butt because Ronnie runs circles around me, gets tired, and flops like that for ages. So I can take all the pictures of him that I want because he stays there all nice like a perfect bunny model. :)

Billy's a lot harder to take pictures of because he's always on the move. I did manage to get a Billy butt shot (much to Billy's dismay) a few weeks ago:

DSC04782.jpg

You should have seen the look on Billy's face when he realized I snapped a shot of his butt! The first time I tried he moved too quickly, but this time he got up a split second too late, and the damage had already been done. :p

Aww!!! Look at those foofy big ol' feet!!! TOO CUTE!!!

And that video is ADORABLE!!

:biggrin2:

My bunnies do that also....i was taking a video of Chocolate Bunny a little while ago and she just started moving her mouth...i was asking her did she have something to say lol...but somehow it got deleted of my camera...it was really cute and it was the first time i actually caught it on camera....by chance of course....i will have to see if she will do it again for me.

Cheryl

That's a cute vid! Billy is adorable! My first bun (did) and Snuff does this thing that I call "bawking" looks kinda like chewing, but it isn't. I've always wondered about it too;). I have no idea. I think sometimes it's when they are eating cecals, but I'm not positive. Sometimes I'll be watching as they just start doing it, so I know they're not eating anything. I want to try to get a vid of Snuff when he does it, but I know the second I go over with the camera he'll quit doing it and stare at me:p.

That video is too adorable! My bunnies don't do that, but it sure is cute. Just about everything Billy and Ronnie do is adorable... Ronnie has been the wallpaper on my desktop for the past couple weeks! I really need to get myself a Netherland Dwarf. As soon as Monroe comes home tomorrow, I will get started looking for a dwarfie! :woohoo Not really, but I wish...

Latest posts

Back