why do baby mini rexes look so grown up?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
It's odd. Baby lops, Netherland Dwarves, Dutches, etc all look like babies. Their heads are big and round for their bodies, they seem extra fluffy, and they just look babyish. But I've noticed that baby mini rexes just look like miniature adults. Our two babies, Maximus and Mabel, came home at 6 weeks old and even then they looked like shrunken adults with adult proportions. They were itty bitty when we brought them home but in pictures, they look quite grown up. I showed a friend a picture of them and she thought they were full grown adults until I pointed out that they're sitting in mugs!

Don't get me wrong, I think my babies are the cutest thing in the world, I'm just wondering it is about mini rexes that makes them look grown up even as tiny babies.

Thanks for any input!

To my limited knowledge but what I have seen yes they do seem like little adults.

Yeah, it's probably just the rex fur effect--not as fluffy. Although, there is a pretty good difference between adult rex and junior rex fur. It gets a lot more dense on the older rabbits. LOOVE LOVE LOVE petting my rexes. :D

Ha, lack of poof is a good point! I'm seriously loving how soft Max and Macie are. The bigger they get, the better they are to pet because there's more of them :D This may sound silly, but one of my favorite things to do is stick my hand between their bodies when they're sitting next to each other because I get warm fluffy rexiness on both sides of my hand at once :D It's the simple things in life, huh?

Latest posts

Back