Why are rabbits the best pet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezeta

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Let me start at the begining:- I used to be on here a lot I had 2 house rabbits who meant everything to me, unfortunaly I split up from my partner and although it killed me to do it I had to leave the rabbits with him as I had to move back to my parents :(

Anyway sadness aside, Im now married and things are great..the only thing missing?? Oh yeah you've guessed it a gorgeous bunny!

So I've been asking for the past 2 years and he's wavering slightly but he just doesnt get the whole bunny thing he's never had them and doesnt understand how great they are he says he doesnt find them appealing at all :-(

So anyway, what I'm asking is if you could post either your funny stories with your buns, pictures and what you think makes them so special :) so I can show him.

If nothing else we all get to look at some cute pictures and hear some nice stories and what makes buns the best :biggrin:

What makes bunnies great...

They are like a cat and a dog together. Independent, but friendly and playful. Powder follows me around like a puppy during his active times, chases me around, but he'll also lay up all afternoon or evening like a cat napping about the house and ignoring me.

My boyfriend had the same issue - he wasn't really interested in the rabbit, but he knows I was, so we rescued our bun. He thought they were boring, smelly and mainly a cage animal. Now he lays down on the floor with Powder and pets him, runs all through the house during playtime letting Powder chase him and just adores our little baby. Boyfriend says if I leave him, I can take our bird but I have to leave the bunny. :p

There is nothing sweeter than a bunny hopping up on the bed to tickle you with their whiskers good morning if you've slept past his breakfast time! Or running through the house to come greet you because you came home.

Bunnys are fun, full of personality, thay can be trained like a dog, but can be indepdendent like a cat.

Peepers is so sweet, she is a trouble maker, but she is smart and willfull, she follows me like a puppy. I caught my brother laying on the living room floor with her recently lol.

Jenny is really smart and active, she loves to learn new tricks and she is so funny, she tries doing things and fails lol, the other day she ran past me when I have my coloured pencils out, grabbed a pencil from the box on her way by and took off with it! its really hard to be in a bad mood around her when she does stuff liek that, or runs in circles around me, and jumps in my lap to give me wisker kisses.

I am a hard core working dog person and always will be, but on the same token, just as I could not live without working dogs, I could not live without rabbits.

Bunnies are smart and you can create amazing bonds with them. Bunny binkies are adorable and bunnies have an amazing energy.

Not to mention bunnies are adorable and generally very sweet.

I squeal with delight every time I see Michiko binky. You'd think one would get used to it, but you never stop being excited about a binky, the showing of excitement and happiness from your bunny. When Michiko is done with her binkies and bunny 500 she will come lay next to me and let me pet her. If I lay on the floor belly down Michiko will come right up to me and we'll just sit there with our faces touching and enjoy each other's energy and company.

Rabbits are such unique, special creatures. I just can't fathom how anyone could not love them.

It's hard to say all the good things about bunnies! I guess the best way to know is to own one.
They love being with people, are very affectionate, extremely intelligent.. when you think you'll teach them something, well, maybe you will, but then you'll see that YOU were also learning from them, and that is amazing.
They're very clean pets too, I cleaned his "stuff" everyday so there was never any strong smell of anything in his w.c., I guess they're cleaner than any other pets. They're funny; binky (so lovely); understand everything you say; are loved by everybody; are Easter time superstars, etc etc etc!!!

:inlove::big kiss::hearts:

Well lets just face it, Rabbit poop is the best poop can get. lol. Its solid (unless sick) round and doesnt smell so bad. Compair that with dog or cat poop and you already have yourself a winner.

My husband didnt get why I wanted a rabbit but once I got one he loves it too. He cant get over how "entertaining" they are. They dont just sit in a cage and eat. They are very funny once you really watch them.

Mine got mad at me one day for puttin him back in his cage so he went in his bed / box and did the dead bunny flop and tucked his head in the corner. Wouldnt even look at me... but it cracked me up. They all have their own personality.

Bunnies always smell good. They never have bad breath and their fur smells soooo good! Keep theircage and litter box clean and they'll never smell bad at all!:)

Bunnies are quiet. Not that they can't or don't make noise, but they don't bark, whine, howl, yowl, meow, chirp, cheep, or shriek. Half the time, you don't even know they're there! ;)

Bunnies are environmentally friendly. Feed themcarrot peels, broccoli stalks, radish tops, lettuce cores, etc. andgive themold newspapers, phone books, paper towel and toilet paper rolls to nibble and shred. Then put their poop into your garden for extra fertilizer!

Bunnies are cute, they're smart, and they have serious attitude!

Who wouldn't love bunnies?

Rue

Well, you just can't resist this kind of face (this is Meemeli when he was young)....
petsie019073190_b.jpg

I think it's so hard to explain WHY do I like bunnies! They just are so awesome. They are not too attached to their owners (as dogs), and almost always they just wanna take life nice and easy! They like to have fun, but they alsoy enjoy "just laying here". :D
And still there is something with bunnies, what I can't explain with words..

And someone said that bunnies smell good! That's so true! I love the smell of bunnies. :)
And even their cages don't smell bad, if cleans them often enough.

And ofcourse they are so soft and I love to sleep next to my bunnies.. All of them just don't like to sleep next to me. :D

Bunnies DON'T BARK!
They are a yappy dog size with none of the downsides.
Soft, Friendly, Trainable (Looks at cat), and fairly quite. They can stomp/thump a bit, but not usually all that bad. Also litter trained and even if they miss a marble or two is an easy no mess clean-up.
Also fairly low on cost if done right (they spay / fixing will COST though unless you get a shelter bun).
They are my go to pet for people who want a dog, but live in an apartment. Plus they are so darn cute.

Latest posts

Back