Why are my rabbits small and compact?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to worm them all today just to be sure that is not the issue.(I have never had a worm problem in my herd, and because the rabbits are not losing weight I am going to guess that it isn't worms) I changed to the higher protein food about a month ago and added the oats and corn then. Two weeks ago was when I was able to really see the difference in my Flemish Giant.

I don't know how to help. All of my attention has been to maintain rabbits in good physical condition. Commercial rabbits should be hard bodied, not soft. Soft indicates too much fat under the skin.

Rabbits need to be in good physical condition if they are going to used as breeding stock since fat around the ovaries can prevent conception.

If you are feeding pellets and oats and getting hard bodies I congratulate you.

Have a good day!

Post pictures of them. I think you are over reacting. I feed 18% to all of my rabbits, which are fuzzy lops, up to a Flemish giant, plus add some extras.

I think you're worrying too much tbh.

The one I am mainly concerned about is my Flemish Giant. She is 6 months old and I would think she would be starting to fill out more. She weighs in at 8 and a half pounds, has food free choice and she eats about as much and as fast as my Checkered Giant who is just fine on weight (Adult male 15lbs.)

05192011406.jpg

Different lines develop at different times. She looks fine to me.

I personally, as someone else stated, would not feed the corn. I'd feed the good pellett and if you're giving Hay then that's fine.

the only extras I add to the feed are the sunflower seeds and oats..... but harlies as a breed are falling apart and some I have do NOT hold their weight very well.

Latest posts

Back