Why are bunnies so addicting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbaby80

Reaction score
Seriously I have never had a pet that I have become overly addicted to. I am constantly looking at craigslist for bunny ads. I have located a breeder that breeds holland lops, english lops, and rhinelanders. I have my eye on magpie lop. Uggg they are like potato chips, you can't have just one..anyone else feel like this?? lol

Oh i know! I got my first bunny 3 1/2 years ago and honestly i didn't know anything about them, i got her and put her in a cage and fed her and thats about it, then after about 6 months i started researching bunnies and realised they needed more space than a hutch so i gave her a run, then after getting to know Alice more i understood bunnies, then i got addicted! I now how 5 bunnies and still want more! :D I really want a German lop now, i've only just got another mixed breed bunny but i want more! :D They are just so fun!

They are just so little and cute. I love my little honey bunny, and I love how they can get along so well with other pets, which is a must for me because I have a dog and a cat...Ooh I just love pets

I really want a pair of holland lops. I want to build a nice hutch too because I'd like to get them out of the room and into a bigger space. I think this summer I am going to start looking at plans and even looking at cabinets on craigslist for frame works.

No I agree Melissa...very addictimg. Here is my theory. Dogs and some cats too (although I love them both!) give their affection so freely. Which is fabulous! But there is something about gaining the trust of a bun. Also, seeing a binky takes away the stress of the day. Rabbits are hysterical and you get what you give with them. That kind of return is incomparable.

I have resurrected my love for rabbits since my first bun 20 years ago. I'm not sure I could imagine life without one again :)

Oh man, I so know how you feel.

In a matter of a year I got Solara, then Sabriel, then Silas. Now I have another named Stark who I am hoping to keep C:

Yep lol my husband and I may be putting a deposit down for a magpie holland lop doe this weekend if she is available. Fingers crossed because I am absolutely in love with her. Mwhahahaha I got my hubby hooked!:party0002:

I think part of it is that there are so many kinds. My kids range from 3 to 10.5 pounds, all differnt colors, regular, rex, and angora fur, lop and uppy ears. Then there are the distinct personalities! It makes me to happy to have them come hop out to the living room to say hi in the evenings. They are so much fun to be around.

I agree with everyone's reasons! haha.

I'm madly in love with the lop breeds!
I kind of hate how many colours holland lops (mini lops here)
come in because I want EVERY colour :D haha.

I've been on a waiting list since last year for a chocolate mini lop and a chocolate otter mini lop.

Bonnie Lee wrote:

I've been on a waiting list since last year for a chocolate mini lop and a chocolate otter mini lop.

Well we were looking at a magpie holland lop, but she is being sold :( so now we're looking at a chestnut holland lop. Super adorable, holland lops are baby faced to me :)

it's a shame you aren't here. I saw a litter of harlequin and magpie lops a little while back being advertised.

If our moshi has kits my other half wants to keep one of her first kits if we fall too attached to them but then we are trying to see if my harvey carries the chocolate gene because one of his parents was chocolate so if we get a chocolate kit we will definitely keep that. but then my other half wants a rex as just our little house bunny lol.

it's just too hard to choose to stick with one bunny but then I dont want to get too many or i wont be able to put as much love towards each bunny everyday...

:( lol

I completely understand where you are coming from lol there are some chinchilla colored holland lops for sale to and my goodness they are just so adorable. My husband wanted a Japanese black but they were all sold too :(

Lol Oh that agony! haha.

I think this is why breeding rabbits will be good for me.
because I will get to experience meeting so many different bunny personalities while breeding but at the same time I get to be the person who chooses who will be the forever home of these kits and not just sell them to anyone like a petshop. also because I can print so much information out and educate the people I sell them to and get them addicted to owning bunnies :D haha

June 4th will be a year since I ventured into the amazing world of bunnies. And in that year, my tribe has grown to 5. Absolutely love every one of them. And it has been so rewarding to gain the trust of everyone of them, and learn their individual ways.

And btw, am still looking to grow my tribe with one of the big bunnies.

They are just amazing animals to have around! Truly glad I ventured into the bunny world.

Melissa, glad to hear you got your husband hooked on bunnies. Look forward to seeing your new Holland. They do have cute, squishy faces.

K:)

agnesthelion wrote:
No I agree Melissa...very addictimg. Here is my theory. Dogs and some cats too (although I love them both!) give their affection so freely. Which is fabulous! But there is something about gaining the trust of a bun. Also, seeing a binky takes away the stress of the day. Rabbits are hysterical and you get what you give with them. That kind of return is incomparable.
Bonnie Lee wrote:

quote]

:yeahthat:

I'll tell you what, once I move in two years I intend on educating myself to open my own holland lop rabbitry. I really want to get into showing and having my own stock.

Welll I have my new little potato chip! A 7 week old black holland lop doe :)

Bonnie this breeder had a chocolate holland lop for sale. She's been showing and breeding for the past 23 years!! I would have taken the chocolate holland, but the hubby really loved the black. I'll have pictures of her up soon!

melbaby80 wrote:
Welll I have my new little potato chip! A 7 week old black holland lop doe :)

Bonnie this breeder had a chocolate holland lop for sale. She's been showing and breeding for the past 23 years!! I would have taken the chocolate holland, but the hubby really loved the black. I'll have pictures of her up soon!
Good for you Melissa. Can't wait to see your new baby!

K:)

Back