Who's in 4h?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiron

Reaction score
For those of you who are in 4h, what does your club do? Who decides on activities? How long have you been in 4h? Tell me all about it :)

Well this is my third year in 4-h. And my second club, this one is only rabbits and guinea pigs and I think cats too. My last one was horses, chickens, rabbits, dogs.

Anyway my 4-h leader gives us homework to do so we can be prepared for Fit and Show. We have meetings twice a month, we do mock fit and show, we have trivial games, mini presentations, community service and more.

I am not quite sure who decides the activites but I think my leader does.

I would reply, but it's the same as what my sister just said. lol.

We do a lot of things that help us with rabbit knowledge and things like that. Last meeting we played a game about diseases. If you got the ball, you had to state a symptom or cure for the specific disease that was in play. It was really fun.

Emily

I am not sure if you can or not. I believe you can though. But then you would be pretty busy going to meetings and such.

I made this thread on a chicken forum I frequent and got told you can. If you want a join a club that specializes in rabbits and another than specializes in horses you are able to join both.

I was in 4-H as a youth, I am a former 4-H advisor and my kids have been involved in 4-H programs for about 20 years.

You can be involved in as many clubs as you like. Some clubs are "combined" groups that cover more than one interest (my son is currently in a rabbit/swine 4-H club).

You can also be in one club, but do more than one project. (For example, join a rabbit group, but also do the horse project on your own.)

The club activities are as diverse as one can imagine. Many hold fundraisers and go on trips. Our club is having our yearly yard sale at my house this weekend. Club members and leaders can work together to plan activities -it depends on the club.

Pam

Latest posts

Back