Who is already planning the fall shows they'll be attending? Which ones are you going to?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Not only which ones are you going to - but which ones excite you the most?

Will you be seeing any forum members at the shows you go to? (That always excites me).

I have been wondering which shows in particular that You go to, Peg. I would love to see you at one or two of them.

There are many shows that are within a few hours of me that I always try to go to. I make a show schedule for my parents so they know when the shows are. I try to go to every possible one but sometimes when there are two or three weekends in a row with shows I won't go to one of them.

I only dream of being able to go to convention and nationals... some day... :)

lelanatty wrote:
I have been wondering which shows in particular that You go to, Peg. I would love to see you at one or two of them.

There are many shows that are within a few hours of me that I always try to go to. I make a show schedule for my parents so they know when the shows are. I try to go to every possible one but sometimes when there are two or three weekends in a row with shows I won't go to one of them.

I only dream of being able to go to convention and nationals... some day... :)
I'm still trying to decide what to go to - this year I went to Belton for the state show - and I went to Seguin this spring. Seguin is the closest show to me.

I WANT to go to Duncan, OK so badly - thought about seeing if you were interested in going and I'd be willing to pick you and rabbits up on the way. If you don't know - Duncan is a TRIPLE show (they even give awards to the lionheads - not BIS or anything like that - but trophies and ribbons - so I know a lot of lionhead breeders go there).

I am halfway considering going to ARBA Nationals this year - I haven't made any decisions yet and need to figure the miles, etc. I wouldn't go to stay for the whole show or to compete (I'm not nearly at that level yet) - but I've toyed with going up for a couple of days to see the lionhead presentation and maybe (drool drool) bring home some rabbits from there. I don't know as I haven't priced it out at all as far as gas, etc. goes. Its just such a long trip...and so expensive.

Anyway - Seguin is always a go for me. I'm toying with Cleburne which is a long drive and Brenham which is also a long drive.

Storr's CT Ice Cream show, National Convention if I can get the time off and some fair shows.

Roger

I'm still trying to decide what to go to - this year I went to Belton for the state show - and I went to Seguin this spring. Seguin is the closest show to me.

I WANT to go to Duncan, OK so badly - thought about seeing if you were interested in going and I'd be willing to pick you and rabbits up on the way. If you don't know - Duncan is a TRIPLE show (they even give awards to the lionheads - not BIS or anything like that - but trophies and ribbons - so I know a lot of lionhead breeders go there).

I am halfway considering going to ARBA Nationals this year - I haven't made any decisions yet and need to figure the miles, etc. I wouldn't go to stay for the whole show or to compete (I'm not nearly at that level yet) - but I've toyed with going up for a couple of days to see the lionhead presentation and maybe (drool drool) bring home some rabbits from there. I don't know as I haven't priced it out at all as far as gas, etc. goes. Its just such a long trip...and so expensive.

Anyway - Seguin is always a go for me. I'm toying with Cleburne which is a long drive and Brenham which is also a long drive.

Oh, I probably saw you at the state show and didn't even know it! :)
I love going to Seguin. I will see you there this fall :)

Duncan, I know! It is so exciting. I went there last year and this summer when they had a show June 18-19. That is interesting, I was wondering why there were so many Lionheads there. My mom says the only reason we go there is because it's where I was born :)
Unfortunately I can't go to Duncan in Septmeber because we have plans with family for Labor Day weekend.

Cleburne is also a triple show, if that would make it worth the drive. :)

It will be the first show I go to this fall.

What am I most excited for? well the first show in michigan in 3 months of course :biggrin: (Charlotte, Michigan, August 21st)
Plus I have so many nice juniors right now and more in the nest box AND my rabbit trailer will be done then. Thats just the start to the fall shows.

leo9lionheads wrote:
What am I most excited for? well the first show in michigan in 3 months of course :biggrin: (Charlotte, Michigan, August 21st)
Plus I have so many nice juniors right now and more in the nest box AND my rabbit trailer will be done then. Thats just the start to the fall shows.
Some breeders want me to go to this show.

Right now, my only fall scheduled shows are State 4-H fair, and then the 2 open ARBA shows the following days afterwards.

Other than that, I will hopefully have most of my herd sold, which leaves me with just 2 does, and 1 buck, so I don't think it's worth it to make a trip to a show with just 1 showable animal, since the two does will be bred. lol. I might to go a show in November, but I just have to see if what I'll have then.

Other than that, I plan on going to some winter shows to take my juniors to and hopefully find them new homes. :)

Emily

I plan to go to charlotte michigan, the hillsdale county fair, and the4 show in hicksville ohio.

I am excited about all of them. I hope to have reliable vehicle by the time those come around.

dixonsrabbitry1 wrote:
I plan to go to charlotte michigan, the hillsdale county fair, and the4 show in hicksville ohio.

I am excited about all of them. I hope to have reliable vehicle by the time those come around.
And thinking about doing the Hillsdale also. :)

You should misty, The 3 main LH open showers will be there at that show, and we all have really nice juniors coming up that where planning on taking there, I saw them all today when doing some rabbit transportation and selling.

Im not planing on going to anymore shows this year, maybe i could go to one in December if my slave takes me. Im still breeding in juniors for the shows!

leo9lionheads wrote:
You should misty, The 3 main LH open showers will be there at that show, and we all have really nice juniors coming up that where planning on taking there, I saw them all today when doing some rabbit transportation and selling.
I really dont know.. Janelle said its a 2 day show, And its about 1 1/2 hr from me.. But we will see. I know that I want to show my Lion-Head's that I have only available.

I really am thinking about the Cleburne show now that I realize it is a TRIPLE show. Wow.

It would be cheaper than Duncan (although not by much)...as far as gas, etc.

I don't think I can do Duncan & Cleburne both...

Lots to think about.

Latest posts

Back