White vinegar/water on rabbit's fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirst3buns

Reaction score
I was cleaning Basil's cage just now and the crazy explorer bunny Basil tried to jump from the couch to my back and made it but then slid off into my water bucket. I use a very diluted (maybe 1/3 a cup of white vinegar) in about half a gallon of warm water to clean his cage. He didn't sink down very far because there was a large scrub brush in the bucket. I got him out and he took off. I managed to lure him back to me with a treat and towel him off pretty well. He's not licking his fur too much so I think I got him pretty dry. Does anyone know if this will hurt him and should I try to wash it off with something?

I would rinse him off, cause the vinegar might bother him - other than that he should be fine. Unless he ingests a bunch of it.

kirst3buns wrote:
Is he doing ok still? :)

Yes, he's fine. No ill effects from the vinegar but he hasn't tried to that move again..yet. :D

Ya know, at Midwest Rabbit R&R we use white vinegar to clean their litter pans and bottoms of cages if they need it. I don't think the white vinegar will harm the bun especially if not ingested. He should be fine!

I wouldn't worry, I doubt white vinegar is any problem at all. I know the apple cider vinegar is actually good for their tummies, I put a tablespoon per gallon of it in their drinking water every now and then. You can actually use the white vinegar to remove stains on their fur, now that I think about it, so it couldn't be harmful.

Latest posts

Back