Which Would You Choose?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rys_rockin01

Reaction score
rabbits.jpg

Out of these four, which would you pick as a pet,which attracts you the most? If you were a child or an adult helpingyour child pick, which of the four would you head torwards first?

I think you'll find people here won't recommendgetting a bunny for a child, so be prepared for alittlefeedback on your wording.;)

But if it was an adult getting a bunny that the child could enjoy, Iguess itwould depend on the age and situation of thechild. I've got a Rex and a Dwarf that I love to bits, butthey're not the most relaxed bunnies -- to say the least. MyLop seems sturdier andcalmer, although she's not asmuch of a 'people bunny' as the others. I've never had aDutch, so can't include that one in the choices.

That said, all bunnies are individuals, so you a calm Rex and a hyperLop is just as possible. I'm personally on a Mini Rex kick atthe moment. What a character my Mini Rex Dill is!

sas :)and the gang of five :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Yup, I'd definitely pick the Mini Rex :)

I would definitely say Dutch!!! I havebeen raising and showing them for over 15 years now. Greatpet!!! Also, though, the mini rex makes a great pet too.

Sharon

What about all of the above? I love mydwarf girls, my dutch is a sweet goofball, lops are so cute (and myhubby loves them above all other breeds), and I'm in love withrexes. So if they were all at the same shelter it would comedown to personality and who's most likely to bond with the rabbits Ialready have.

Although I have to agree with Pipp, rabbits are not good pets forchildren. We do have some very responsible teenagers here,but for the most part the rabbit needs to be the parent'sresponsibility, and there because the parent wants it. Also,larger rabbits are better with small children because the kid can'tpick them up. It's too easy for a kid to accidently hurt arabbit. Plus they *tend* to have more mellow personalities.

I am so much a lop lover. I have seen my first rex recently and love the coat. So soft and luxurious. But I'm a sucker for the lop ears and flat face. Having a bunny for the first time in my mid 20's I can definately see why a bunny for a small child is not a good idea. Holly tends to get spooked easily and you definately cannot play rough with them.

Really, the reason I posted this was to find a smaller breed to raise besides my English lops that would make good pets that I could sell locally as pets. I ended up getting Dutch though, but, thank you for your input everyone. :)

I have1 flemish giant, 1 dutch, 2 netherland dwarfs, 1 himalayan, 2 lionheads,and 2 holland lops. In my group the best personalities are in the flemish giant and my 2 lops. The lops are very gentle, laid back and not skittish so I would recommend the lops.

Latest posts

Back