which one should I keep?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheandg

Reaction score
I am only wanting to keep one....maybe two. Just by looking at these pics who looks most promising. They are 5.5 weeks old. I am also going to a show the end of the month and hopefully could get an opinion on them in person but would like to hear what you guys think and why

thanks

doe. I think siamese sable right?

IMG_0879-1.jpg

doe Is this a seal?

IMG_0862.jpg

buck blue not the best pose

IMG_0860-1.jpg

doe

IMG_0883-2.jpg

I don't know a whole lot about lion heads... I do own a teddy lion head though. lol

I really like the 2nd one...and I am pretty sure that it is seal like you said.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

I say second for the boxiness, more rounded and all. My second pick in the first one, it is more upright, as more of a proper lion stance and better HQ. The REW's HQ cut off way to early but it has a nice head/ear it looks like. As for the blue it looks long with imporper head mount. It could be the pose, but if that is it's natural pose than that is it natural type, imho.

Personally, I would only keep the second doe. She is the most correct in stance and breed type. The other three are awfully flat through the midsection and slope really badly.

I like the seal, but I don't know where in the world the working standard is going right now, so that's not based on anything in particular. lol!

I'd keep the second one if you were only going to keep one. If you were going to keep a second one - I'd go with the first one you showed - but the seal is definitely your best for body type, etc.

You can go to yahoogroups.com and search the groups for lionhead rabbits - there is one that has "USA" in the name - I'd recommend joining that one.

You can find out more about the CODs on that list, etc.

I'm not up to all of the colors right now on the various CODs. If Theresa gets the breed passed in 3-5 years then everyone else will have to drop down to only two colors.

The second looks to have the best body, that's the only I would keep personally.

I would take the previous poster's advice, though, too. Right now, you can only see body, and there are a lot of other things to consider. Cull for things you don't want to see, and grow the rest out. :)

Back