Which cage to pick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellyslay

Reaction score
I want to get Killer a new cage. I had originally got one just for temp. So now I want to get something she can grow into. I have found two that I like. The first is just a regular rabbit cage. It's like 40" x 22". Is is on legs and wheels. But I wouldn't be able to just open the door for her to come and go, I would have to take her out each time. The other are those really cool cages made from those 14" wire panels. I really like that one, it's 4 pnls x 2 pnls x 2 pnls and two story. Does anyone use these? How easy are they to clean? How accessible are they for cleaning? Do you just lift the whole thing off of the floor to leave the colored trey?

Any input would be great. Thanks,

Michelle:bunnydance:

How much are the cages you're interested in? Have you seen the NIC cages many members on here have built? They're great! Easy to clean and you don't have to move it, but can easily if you need to. I'll include the link below. They only cost $30-$40 to make too!

Here's the link, which is in the Photo Philes section of this forum.:D

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15348&forum_id=21

This is almost an exact replica of my cage (seepic). I have 2 buns and they love it. It takes about an hour and a half to put together but it's a killer cage for about $65. There is a website that tells you exactly how to make this style cage, step by step. I can give you the URL if you want. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good cage that will keep any bun happy with 3levels.

Melissa

It's pretty close to this one. But 1 panel longer. These come as a kit. And since I lack any creativity and I am limited on the space to fit it, this would be perfect. But the complete kit is over a bit $100. But that comes with everything to put it together.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s194/shelly556/17_2.jpg

17_2.jpg

Wow, that's expensive. I've never seen those sold as a kit, how interesting.

That's an awesome one, but just keep the others inmind if you'd like to spend less. They're pretty easy to put together too! Then, all you'd have to get is some flooring and a ramp if you still wanted one.:)

yea i've seen them sold on ebay, they build the nic cage then take it apart ship it to u with directions to set it backup. i think you can make it yourself much cheaper.

stephiemarie78 wrote:
yea i've seen them sold on ebay, they build the nic cage then take it apart ship it to u with directions to set it back up. i think you can make it yourself much cheaper.
Ya know what's a hoot Steph? After we built ours, my son was like you should make a bunch and sell em. Which really is a good idea, but if peeps know they can get the panels cheaper, that wouldn't last long. Good idea though.:D

this is true, but i have about 100$ in my cage that I made and it's a big one.
I got a total of 4 boxes of grids at Target on sale for $12.99 2 sheets of 4x8 coroplast for $30 and about 200 zip ties. My cage is 4 panels long, 2 wide and 4 tall.

Plus there are a lot people out there that would rather buy something then have to make it them self.

stephiemarie78 wrote:
this is true, but i have about 100$ in my cage that I made and it's a big one.
I got a total of 4 boxes of grids at Target on sale for $12.99 2 sheets of 4x8 coroplast for $30 and about 200 zip ties. My cage is 4 panels long, 2 wide and 4 tall.

Plus there are a lot people out there that would rather buy something then have to make it them self.
Yeah, i've seen yours in your blog it's gorgeous and so is your house from what I can tell.:D

you really should consider building an nic cage. i thought it was gonna be hard and was a little apprehensive but, it was so easy! and then u can make it as big and accessible as u like! if i had to pick between the two you've selected i would pick the 1st one, so that he/she can go in and out!:bunnydance:

Yeah, i've seen yours in your blog it's gorgeous and so is your house from what I can tell.:D
thanks =) We have a small apartment and I've really tried to make it feel like a home. I love having the cage in the living room.Even though it's 2 cage one on top the other So i have to physically take cooter out he doesn't seem to mind plus he gets treats! =)

Aww nice cage. She looks very happy.

Wow! I really love the setup! :bunnydance: Killer is such a cutie!:inlove: She looks so happy to have a nice big cage! Great Job!

~Megan

Can you PM me the link please! Thanks

mpalamar wrote:
This is almost an exactreplica of my cage (see pic). I have 2 buns and they love it. It takesabout an hour and a half to put together but it's a killer cage forabout $65. There is a website that tells you exactly how to make thisstyle cage, step by step. I can give you the URL if you want. I wouldrecommend it to anyone looking for a good cage that will keep any bunhappy with 3 levels.

Melissa

Latest posts

Back