Which bunny personalities attract?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holtzchick

Reaction score
Which bunny personalities attract?

I am not allowed to bring Phoenix on a bunny date so I need to figure out what characteristics a bunny should have to most likely bond with her.

I have heard that it is very difficult to bond 2 dominant bunny types. Is this also true for 2 submissive bunnies? Phoenix is VERY affectionate with me and pretty laid back but when she doesn't like something she will thump. The perspective bun is also very affectionate and sweet and just lost his mate. Would two alike bunnies attract or should I look for a bunny with opposite characteristics?

I remember asking this too when I went to bond Agnes. Truth of the matter is is you really can't tell for sure how a bunny will react to a fellow bunny. A sweet, submissive bun with their owner can end up being attack bun with another rabbit. Or a very head strong bun with their owner can turn into a push over with another bun. There really is no way to tell :(

I know that sucks. It would be great if we could somehow predict what type of bun they will like.....

With all that being said, there are some people who believe you can bond most any two buns. It just depends on how much stress and time you want to put into it. So unless they all out brawl from the get go, you have a chance things will work out. Just have a neutral place for bunny dates and prepare to cage them separately for awhile.

Best of luck....can't wait to hear!

since they won't let you bunny date, will they at least allow you to return/exchange the bunny if the bond just doesn't work out?

same sex bonds are iffier but with M/F, I do think pretty much any two can be bonded with enough dedication as long as they don't outright attack each other during the intros... but on the off-chance a fight breaks out, you'll want a back-up plan so you don't get stuck housing two bunnies separately for the rest of their lives.

Yeah they will allow me to return him if anything goes wrong. The girl from the rescue seems very hopeful though. I'm pretty sure she believes that any buns can be bonded with enough care and patience. lol

that's great you can return him if it comes to that... of course, hopefully they'll be "agnes and archie" style BFFs from the start and the thought of sending him back won't even have to cross your mind :)

Latest posts

Back