Which breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuart2605

Reaction score
Hi all. New to this. We adopted this rabbit yesterday. She had been abused by her old owners. Her name is Sooty (changed from old name in case she associates it with beatings etc). Could someone tell me what breed she is. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. Thanks. Stuart

1392317360605.jpg

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that she was abused. Who in the hell is going to abuse a beautiful animal like that! What a beast.. I've said this a million times before but I hope there is a special place in hell for that person.

Your new baby looks like a tan and a very cute one at that! Please give her tons of nose rubs and some treats and
you guys are the best to get her out of that situation. You truly are her rescuers!

Vanessa

1. tan rabbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tan_rabbit‎Wikipedia

The Tan rabbit is a small fancy breed of rabbit shown throughout the world. While originally from England, in recent years they have gained popularity in the ...‎About Tans - ‎Breeding - ‎Showing - ‎See also

Hi & :welcome1 to you & Sooty!
So glad that you adopted Sooty & now she has a wonderful home who loves her! RO is the place to come to learn more & to meet/chat with other bunny lovers! Everyone is so friendly & helpful! Sorry to say I can't help with her breed but there are many more experienced members here who might be able to shed some light on it for you. Make sure she has lots of good horse quality hay all the time as well as water. I like to use the heavy ceramic bowls for water. Glad you & Sooty have joined us & I hope you will make yourselves at home here at RO!

Hi & :welcome1 to you & Sooty!
So glad that you adopted Sooty & now she has a wonderful home who loves her! RO is the place to come to learn more & to meet/chat with other bunny lovers! Everyone is so friendly & helpful! Sorry to say I can't help with her breed but there are many more experienced members here who might be able to shed some light on it for you. Make sure she has lots of good horse quality hay all the time as well as water. I like to use the heavy ceramic bowls for water. Glad you & Sooty have joined us & I hope you will make yourselves at home here at RO!

Thanks for the idea tauntz i am having a hell of a time trying to keep water in with Stewie without the lil bugger dumping it lol...the heavy ceramic bowls would be the ticket :bunny18

Welcome to RO you and Sooty...Very sweet bun she looks like..Sorry to hear she was abused before you got her but she will have all the love she needs now :big wink:...as for her breed can't even guess on that but there are sites here that you can go to in the forum to help ya out.

These are all the pics I can get.

What a cutie. Sooty looks like a tan. I don't know if you looked up any of the info I posted earlier..here is one picture of a tan..

Vanessa

tanrabbit.jpg

Do you know how much your bunny weighs? Also can you post a belly picture? From the first picture she almost looked like one of my bucks. When I saw the second picture her belly looks almost white or cream and that is certainly not what a tan should have.

If she has white or cream on her belly then her color is blue otter and the breed could very well be just a mix.

Do you know how much your bunny weighs? Also can you post a belly picture? From the first picture she almost looked like one of my bucks. When I saw the second picture her belly looks almost white or cream and that is certainly not what a tan should have.

If she has white or cream on her belly then her color is blue otter and the breed could very well be just a mix.

Yeah the first pic she looks tan second color is a bit different but could be the lighting other pic looks like a tan... so we shall see... but thanks for pitching in there... maybe we can help figure out what she has!

Vanessa

The colour is smoke pearl marten. Just like Bandit :) I'm not sure of the breed though, as many breeds I believe have that colouring. Is she full grown?

Color doesn't look smoke pearl to me because there is no shading. I am seeing definitely a blue. I'm pretty sure it's an otter not marten due to the tan markings on the nape of the neck and nostrils. Martens have the same tan pattern but are white where as otters have red/tan markings as well.

Thanks for the extra info about the differences :) I don't see any tan on the nostrils, but I think I can see where you're seeing the tan on the nape. I personally see shading on the head and ears, and maybe the tail (though it could be shadowed). It's hard to tell with the images, wouldn't mind seeing some more.

Welcome sooty! Those look like the same, if not very similar markings of Dope, I've always wondered what "colour" he was! However, I am terrible with ay breeds that aren't lops, giants or rex's and that's only cause they're the easy ones haha. Hope you solve the mystery and all my best with Sooty and his undoubtably mischievous adventures!

Selina
:brownbunny

Back