Where's the infirmary for the bunny slaves?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
:rant:

*Growls angrily*

Someone please confirm that a spay will calm Dahlia down before she ends up in a stew (I'm just kidding) She just bit the :soapboxout of me. I thought I knew what a bite was due to my other bunny but crap that was nothing compared to Dahlia :nonono:My finger is blue and swollen and numb and gushing blood. She bit me with her front and side teeth :cry1:What did I do to her? Lol.

Anyone want an evil pit bull/bunny mix animal??? Lol.

She is sooooooo getting spayed :banghead

i totally sympathise their have been a few occasions where i have actually had a rabbit hanging off my hand they have amazing grip!!!

She should settle when she gets spayed

I SO feel your pain! (Been there, done that.... a few too many times.) Bad Bunny! She needs a time out! :devilLil devil!

Put ice on it for the swelling and keep it clean. You poor thing... she is so unappreciative!

Lol thanks guys. Can't believe how nasty she is :?Lol... Thank goodness I know about spaying and bunnies... I can imagine so many people must dump them when the buns hit this period. It sucks :?

I sincerely think that this is the age/reason thatso manyrabbits get "dumped" or moved out to the backyard and forgotten. (That's what happens when you get a pet without doing any reseach. "Everything I know about rabbits, I learned from watching Bugs Bunny!")

I hope your finger is better. DId the swelling go down?

As you know, bo nips. I am TERRIFIED of Tony beginning to bite! Not being neutered and as big as he is (I swear he's bigger today from yesterday!) and I am a chicken! LOL!

Hope your finner is better :(

Lol thanks.

Needless to say, I am steering clearor her for now. I put her in the transporter (I look like I fought with a bear) and fixed her cage. I don't need to go back in til tomorrow. Lol.

The swelling went down but not down enough for me to be able to fold my finger. Lol. I really can't believe they bite that hard :shock:Man! And Polly,omg to have the bunny hanging on your hand... That's nuts. I remember one bunny here chomping down and not letting go. Sheesh they are mean lil buggers when they want! :p

Goodness
It sounds like it's time for some nice thick gloves.

Remember, apply direct pressure and elevate the wound above the heart.

I saw a Flemish Giant latch onto a JUDGES arm! Through his shirt, sweatshirt and judges jacket! He lifted his arm and had an 18 lb rabbit swinging from it! Took a bit of doing to get it let go too! (Needless to say, that rabbit was DQ'd off the table... LOL!) His arm was in bad shape for days afterwards. If they get in their little heads that they don't want to be touched... well, they let you know! And raging hormones are a dangerous thing!

I hope your finger is better today and heals quickly... keep an eye out for infection.

i remember a few nasty bites!

one happened with a dwarf hotot buck i had that went mad. i couldn't even get within 10 feet of his cage without him lunging, growling, thumping. . . one day i had to feed him by myself (normally my brother would sit on one side of the cage, distracting him while i would slip into the cage give food and hay and make a mad dash out of it again). this time he latched onto the side of my hand and wouldn't let go. he wanted to do damage. i hate to say that i had to be rough getting him off, but he was no letting go for the life of me.

another time was the first rabbit i brought home to bond with winnie, finn was an opal lionhead that was sweet as can be, i had been petting him, and went to go pick up winnie when she got a wiff of my hand and his scent, she went semi hostile, and tore my fingure apart. after a few more encounters like that finn went to go live else were and winnie simply did not like him.

then there was the time at our local fair that one of the younger girls was having problems with her 6 months old mini lop doe. the rabbit had never been around male scent, and then went to the fair were she was caged between 2 boys! she wanted to breed so bad, and got so hormonal that she started biting people. they were going to kick her out of the show after she caused bloodshed in a 4-h leader, but i offered to help the girl out as i wasn't too afraid. well, i was holding the rabbit when she latched on to my arm hard. i didn't want to make a big fuss out of it because the young girl was really upset already about her rabbit acting different. so i causually (while the rabbit is still clamped onto my skin) grab a friend and have to walk off to the side of the group where my friend (and fellow rabbit person) had to pull the doe off my arm. . . ouch!!!!

just make sure you clean the wound good!

Wow crazy stories :?Freaky how they can be so evil when they want. Lol. :p

Well Houdina decided to lick my finger and though I pulled away quickly and washed my hands, it still got infected... I have a prescription cream from an old insect bit so I will use that and see if it helps. My finger is still swollen but not as bad. Occupational hazards... Lol :p

Ya know, we should prescribe warm soaks in saline (or salt water) with a topical antibiotic cream and proper dressings! Don't make us worry about you!

:foreheadsmack:

:shock2:

I don't want to jinx myself, so all I can say is - I can see is what could be in store for any rabbit owner who hasn't experienced a bite yet. Wow!

I have had small bites from bo. He leaves little bruises, but I've not had really bad ones. I remember a gerbil we had that bit me one time and it did a number on my hand! Their teeth aren't even 1/2 what a bunny has!

It scares me with Tony that he would start biting. I can't imagine it since he's mr. kissmynoseplease, but he's not that old yet.

Just asking, how is your finger? Any infections? Swelling go down? Hope your feeling better! :biggrin2:

Sorry I didn't realize this thread was still going. Lol. Yeah bunnies bite harder than I thought. Lol. :?

I got the infection out. Pretty much felt like I was dealing with a rabbit's abscess. Lol. At least it's not as yucky as a rabbit's. My finger is all good though still sensitive. Thanks for asking. I'm being mighty careful when sticking my hands in there. I just approach the cage and she grunts and growls. :shock:

I need to work on getting my sleep apnea machine this month and then off she goes for the snip... Heh :?

Spaying might notbe the answerin some cases.

Bebe was a Thumper when we got her. She would thump at everything. Thumps for her food, thumps at being put in her cage, thumps for being outside, thumps at me, thumps at you.... you get the picture. :p

After her spay, she rarely thumps now. But she's become a biter. My poor wife can't reach in her cage in the mornings without getting charged at and bitten on her hands. Thick leather gloves are used when my wife puts food into Bebe's cage.

24xhtnb.jpg

Funny thing, Bebe never bites me, only my wife. ;)

Latest posts

Back