Where you bun likes to be petted

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Bunbuns closes her eyes when i pet her checks, and when i stroke her head for about 10 minutes she puts her head down.

Any other place they like to be petted?
Is there any place where they dont want to be petted?

My buns are all different.

Sky loves his cheeks massaged, like round in circles. He will run away from his nose being stroked.

Sandy loves the back of her ears stroked and her back, but jumps when her nose is stroked.

Cloud like to be held in a certain position and he likes him tummy patted, but is not keen on being stroked.

Badger loves his nose rubbed, and anything else, but I steer clear of his body because then he sprays, lol.

The Dopeys like their backs stroked but not their noses or ears.

Moon used to love, absolutely love her nose being stroked and would demand I did it for hours on end, lol.

Each bunny is different so just experiment and see what your bun enjoys, and what it is clear he doesn't.

Vega likes to be pet anywhere on her head. Ifyou pet her down her back, once you get by her tail, she'll jump up andflip around and lay her head down under your hand, all the while givingyou a "Hey, don't you know what you're doing?" look. If I pet her atthe base of her ears in circles, she'll do a tooth purr. When myboyfriend pets her, he pets her from the base of her ears up to thetip, and she loves that too.

Who am I kidding? She'll take any kind of pets you'll give her, LOL.

Don't worry it took bunbuns about 2 weeks justto come up to me and now she climbs all over me and shoves me with hernose and jumps up in my arms...

Okinawabunnymamma wrote:
Both my guys are still not sure about me so when I pet themthey look like they are about to have a heart attack :(Theystair at me wide eyed and all, it makes me sad! I hope they like mesoon :(
The more you stroke them, the more they will get used to you. Have a look at the bonding tips in the bunny 101 forum.

It will take time, they need to learn to trust you. It's nothing personal, remember that.

~BunBuns~ wrote:
Thank you Flashy.. I guess i just have to experiment..thanks alot! i don't think bunbuns would let me touch her tummy.. LOL
He only lets me do it because I have been patting his tummy since hewas about 12 days old. It reminds him of his babyhood, lol. He forgetsin an instant that he is a bolshy teenager, lol.

I found that I could stroke Sky's tummy when he was sitting on my lap.Just by doing circles of his sides and then making circles, I wouldmove my hands down so I was stroking his belly. He enjoys that tooactually. It does seem that bunnies like how the circularmotion feels, so you could always give it a try :)

Tulla absolutely melts when you rub her chin.Next favorite is her ears being stroked. Don't even bother trying totouch Ivory. She hates it, if she can talk she would say "just leavethe food in the bowl and go away"

Snickers loves having his head scratched, on topand behind his ears, and he also loves it when I massage his cheeks. IfI'm holding or snuggling him, he'll let me rub his back, but if he's onthe floor or in his cage, he might allow it or he might run. I guess itdepends on his mood!

Mallory and Morgan LOVE their heads touched, ears rubbed, and cheeks massaged.

Madilyn-Mae, on the other hand, isn't too fond of being touched....but when she wants to be touched, she likes her head rubbed.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

My bunny likes her head, ears, and cheeksstroked, she purrs like crazy. She likes her back petted and her tummy.I thought the tummy thing was kind a weird. But she likes when I reachalong her side and pet her belly,Iam NEVER allowedto flip her over. When I pet her back, she turns her head into me andgives me kisses, then she willDBF into me.

~Star~

Back