Where to find a breeder in New York?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvinmycowboy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Holland lop with no luck. Does anyone know any breeders in the NY area mostly the Central New York area?

thanks.

Hope this was the right place to post!

This would be the right place to post. I checked the ARBA website (www.arba.net) and only found one breeder in NY listed, so not too sure where else you might look. If you're not dead set on a show bunny, try the shelter--I got a half-lopped Holland there that I love to death. Plus, if you're looking for a pet, they're usually already neutered at the shelter which saves a lot of $$.

You could also join the Yahoo groups District 7 website. You can post on what you are looking for or watch the posts for ads.

Roger

I am in upstate NY - my Hollands came from the two rabbitries listed below in western NY (it was worth the drive!)

http://danshollands.com

and

http://www.freewebs.com/cysrabbitry

Both breeders were knowledgeable and I enjoyed working with them to acquire Axel and Juno.

Someday, hopefully we will have an Axel/Juno litter to celebrate.

Good luck in finding your Hollands!

Denise

Have you connected with a breeder yet? Gotta love those Hollands - I love mine a lot....

Denise

Not yet I did find one in Norwich but I don't know if she's going to have anymore soon.

Good luck and post when you find your Holland Lop - they are a fun breed!

Denise

Where in NY? I know of a few around me here. I've got Hollands, my friend and her aunt all have hollands and I do know of at least one breeder down in Troy. I'm near Glens Falls/Saratoga. We've got alot of 'orders' so to speak for holland lops right now, and it's not just for easter. We're incredibly careful about not selling to people that want to get kiddy a bunny for easter because it's cute.

I'm in the Hamilton Morrisville area Saratoga isn't that far we race [horses] up there quite often!

We breed Hollands lops. We have a bunch of awesome show hollands right now. We have some awesome herd bucks from Dan & Sharahs (Pitney).

Are you looking for a buck or a doe? Are you looking for a JR or a SR. Any color choice? We will be going to Rhinebeck & travel to NY often.

Either or I'm not picky about the sex at all. JR or SR doesn't matter either I'm looking for a tort or any broken pattern.

Will you be able to go to the Rheinbeck show? I have a few nice hollands available. I have bucks & does broken & solid.

Bloodlines are, Camelot, Nature Trail, THF Saynora, Orchard Hill, Critteranch.

If you are looking for an awesome brood doe I have some of those too. They can't be shown as 2 are way over in weight. It is a shame they are on the big side because they have awesome bodies, gread heads etc.. they do however throw huge litters of 8 each time!

Are you doing the Canandaigua show?

Denise

I do not think we will be doing that one. We might... but it is a bit far. I think we are doing the Frankfort show... We will be doing some shows in PA too... We will be going to nationals in Ohio on May 2nd.

We attend shows all over. My daughter decided she wanted to go for points this year so that is what were doing. She is doing pretty good so far in all of her breeds. Her hollands she has gotten a bunch of BOB, BOS, BOV & BOSV with them. In the hollands that is tough as there are a ton of nice hollands out there. She just got BOS with an 12 week old doe she just took for comments... SHe said I like her I want to see what the judges say. They loved her & the one said I want to give her BOB but the Sr buck is of course more developed... this little doe is going places & gave her BOS & said it was a tough call as she is that nice =) She is a cute little broken black.

PM Me if you want more info.

Good luck at Rhinebeck! Your little doe sounds like a beauty!

Denise

I know there is going to be a few of us at Rhinebeck. But i've got a doe bred right now and at least one of my others will be bred after the show, maybe both depending on what the judge says. Skye throws nice babies with Speedle(they get nice qualities from both) but Calleigh has yet to show with me so I need to know which buck will produce better offspring with her. but you'd be looking at at least 3 months out before the babies are ready to go

Latest posts

Back