Where to Advertise to sell Angora kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys - We have our first litters of Angoras almost ready to sell (in three weeks). Where do you guys usually advertise to sell kits? I'm thinking facebook for sure but any other ideas?

Brooke Marsh
Marsh Rabbitry

Most people contact us through our website but for hard to sell buns we put them on craigslist. I havent had a problem on there before and there are some genuine people. Other people use petfinder and my mom has used hoobly before

You could advertise in the local COOP I find the people that go there are already good pet owners instead of people who go to pet shops, but that might just be my town.

Having a website is helpful, especially if you are a breeder. It gives people a chance to look at the rabbits you have, rabbits for sale, a sales policy, show wins and other stuff you want to put on there like grooming and general care. It is also a good way for people to contact you.

Facebook is also helpful. You an setup a page for your rabbitry. Advertise on the page as well as groups. Groups can be more national angora groups or local breeder clubs.

You can try craigslist or other classifieds websites, but you do need to be careful as you can get some weird people there.

With angoras, you do need to be careful with who you sell to. Many people like the look of an angora, but have no clue or desire to care for the coat. This leads to totally matted rabbits. It can be a good idea for you to talk with people a lot and even offer to help them learn how to groom the rabbit. If they live close enough and you are able, you could offer to help groom the rabbit. Even a monthly good grooming and then sheering as needed.

Latest posts

Back