Where do some of you "plus size" ladies shop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking about your haircolor Peg! We need more photos!

I got some new shorts at Fashion Bug and wore them today - it's really nice out.

I love these shorts! They look nice, they're cool but not flimsy and they have a little pocket on the side for my cell phone. That's a HUGE thing when working in the barn!

So um... where do you plus size ladies find undergarments that actually fit? Most stores don't carry my size- at least not the cup size. I found a whopping two in all of Fashion Bug the other day and snapped them up cause they're not in the online catalog. Grr.

I would love to be able to order clothes from a catalog as I need new clothes for the new job (used to wear a uniform, now I can wear my own clothes, hooray!). But stuff tends not to fit right because I'm just on the edge of plus size shirts except... for my monster chest. And I still have somewhat of a waist. The really annoying thing is that if plus size shirts are made to fit around the chest, like a band underneath or something, they tend to bemade for a smaller cup size than me and look silly.

Any suggestions? Or do you just order fromcatalogs that are really good about returns?

I think I'm going to have to make a trip to Milwaukee and see what I can find.

I had a hard time getting a bra to fit right - then I was in fashion bug and got this bra that I LOVE! I don't think I'll ever buy another kind LOL! Same issue tho - they only had 2. I'm going to order some more online

Believe it or not, the best place I've found undergarments that fit right...is Frederick's of Hollywood. Now, I know what comes to mind is rather racey stuff...but they actually have calmer, very pretty things, too! They're who I bought the strapless bra I wore on my wedding day, and it fit great. It's a really great place! Not to mention, they can help you find what fits just right. :)

If you know of a Frederick's actual store near you, they'll have a good selection...but I think their site also gives tips on how to measure for the right sizes, too. And I believe they have a special plus size selection, too. :D

I had a hard time getting a bra that correctly fit as well. I had to special order mine and they ran me $60 with shipping.

At the time I was 6ft3 with 44FF's.. and they werent droopy, it was like walkin around with 2 basketballs on my chest..

So one reduction and 15lbs later..

I am a 44D

I just LURVE Wal-Mart bra's..

I really need to get new bras....oh well...that will be next on my list.

I tried on all the tshirts tonight for Art...and he liked them all.....that makes me feel better. He said the scoop neck ones are fine but the other ones are just a tad bit deep for me......

I would luuuurve some Fredricks stuff! I'm sick of boring bras, I used to be able to get such pretty things.

Just checked, they have a whopping ONE bra that comes in my size. But it is pretty and only $20...

Zin, I've been thinking of getting a reduction too. I'm not as bad, but being 5ft2 and 38DDD (no kids yet even!) is an awful lot and it's probably contributing to my back problems. Of course my health insurance won't cover it.:rollseyes How bad was the surgery? Does it hurt much afterwards?

naturestee wrote:
I would luuuurve some Fredricks stuff! I'm sick of boring bras, I used to be able to get such pretty things.

Just checked, they have a whopping ONE bra that comes in my size. But it is pretty and only $20...

Zin, I've been thinking of getting a reduction too. I'm not as bad, but being 5ft2 and 38DDD (no kids yet even!) is an awful lot and it's probably contributing to my back problems. Of course my health insurance won't cover it.:rollseyes How bad was the surgery? Does it hurt much afterwards?

One of my employees had a reduction because she had chronic back and neck problems. Because the problems were documented by her doc, insurance paid for the surgery (non-cosmetic). She did great.

For good bras, the Bali brand are really great fitting, pretty and come in a huge range of sizes. Kohl's and Dillard's carry them and a whole bunch of online shops

http://www.balicompany.com/findastore.asp

Check out the fit tips and measurement info too.

I just looked at the Just My Size site online site and they have bras in every size imaginable. http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ExecMacro/Storefront.d2w/report

And all are on sale for 25% off

http://www.onehanesplace.com/webapp/commerce/command/CategoryDisplay?cgnbr=2000000000

They have buy one get one 50% off

Latest posts

Back