Where can I get Nutri-Cal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi:) there i live near brighton and i have never heard of it around here but i hope you find it:)

Nael:bunnydance:

I am pretty sure that our Science recovery is similar - I know that's what vet's here give when rabbits aren't eating. It doesn't come in a tube though, you mix it to a paste and feed it.

Jess, is that what your vet gave Millie when she was ill?

Jan

The critical care mix we've to give Miffy is like the Science recovery mix. Is Nutri-Cal the same type of thing?

mummybunny xxx

Nutri-Cal is a nutrient supplement for cats and dogs. It has vitamins and calories. If you can't find it, you could have the vet give her a vitamin B shot or mix a tiny bit of a human vitamin B complex tablet into the Critical Care (this was recommended to me by several people on Etherbun, but I haven't tried it yet).

LuvaBun wrote:
I am pretty sure that our Science recovery is similar - I know that's what vet's here give when rabbits aren't eating. It doesn't come in a tube though, you mix it to a paste and feed it.

Jess, is that what your vet gave Millie when she was ill?

Jan
Yep!:)Science recovery is really good, it smells really grassy and Millie seemed to like it when she was ill which was good, once I got the syringe into her mouth she would happily lap it up. I'm sure if you ask your vet for some they will stock it.

This website explains what is in it and what it does:

http://www.russelrabbit.com/science_recovery.php

mummybunny wrote:
I know Nutri-Cal is available in the US, but does anyone know if it is available in the UK?

thanks

mummybunnyxx
It goes by a different name....

I think it's sold as Nutri-stat. There's also a similar product called Enervite.

Back