Whenever I go into his pen, he pees on/near me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
Normally my bunny free roams around the living room except when we're not home. The wood floors gave him sore hocks so I had to connect a pen to his cage with a fleece mat so that he has more room to roam when we're out and when we're home without access to the wood floors. Whenever I go in or near the pen, my bunny pees on or right near me! He has an appointment to be neutered this Thursday (He's 5 mos. old) but I'm just wondering if he's doing this to me because he likes or dislikes me... Will this stop after he's neutered?

Normally my bunny free roams around the living room except when we're not home. The wood floors gave him sore hocks so I had to connect a pen to his cage with a fleece mat so that he has more room to roam when we're out and when we're home without access to the wood floors. Whenever I go in or near the pen, my bunny pees on or right near me! He has an appointment to be neutered this Thursday (He's 5 mos. old) but I'm just wondering if he's doing this to me because he likes or dislikes me... Will this stop after he's neutered?
Maybe it’s because they know they will be neutered soon :confused:. It should resolve after the surgery. They could also be marking their territory also.

It would sounds crazy but i think it loves you. As they are very friendly animals but they need much time to get comfortable.

They start believing their owner by time. So if you find any behavior that should be natural on other place but they choose you, then they think you are safe place for them.

Anyway if you want to get rid of it then try some steps:

Give foods in their cage and keep them outside the cage for one or two hour after eating.

Keep them in cage again when they finish their foods.

If you want to give water or watery foods like watermelons, cucumbers or carrots; then it should be given while they are in cage.

Latest posts

Back