When will the dry-humping end?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaUK

Reaction score
Hi

Benjamin and Twinkle (neutered Buck andspayed Doerespectively) have been introduced and seem to be getting onfine. For the most part of the time when they're togather(mainly on my dining room floor) they ignore one-another but every sooften Twinkle goes upto Benjamin and parades about in front of him -she sniffs his bottom and then puts her head under his (obviouslyaccepting him as the dominant one), he takes this signal and tries tohump her ... Do you think he will get over this with time? Hewas neutered 11 months ago and she was spayed 3 weeks ago.She keeps going back to hima nd doing this - as if teasing him andinitiating the humping but when he gets on top of her she runs like thewind and sometimes bangs a foot in a 'feeling threatened' way, Benjaminwill sometimes chase her for a few seconds to try and have hisway. Neither of them is being malicious or causing pain tothe other. Can anyone offer me any comments or advice onwhat's going on in my bun's heads?

Thanks;)

Oh dear...it seems not many people have advice onthis subject....Bunnie's can be so confusing, any help you can offerwill be appreciated.

Thanks

Rebecca

Doesn't sound serious. Really, it sounds like they are working out the status order in a peaceful way.

If they're not hurting each other, I wouldn't worry!

:D

Rose

Hi Rebecca. My Neutered male and female often tryto hump each other - more of a dominance thing than anything else. Theydon't get aggressive with each other either, and seem to work thingsout on their own, and now I just let them get on with it ;).

ps - Sometimes we get later replies to our posts because of the timedifference, as most regular members are 'across the pond' and are somehours behind us :) - Jan

Thanks for your help - I'll not worry too much then.

I'm still scared to leave them alone together when i'm out at work allday in case Benjamin gets nasty. He does seem an awful lothappier now he has a companion though - best thing I ever did was toget another one!

yeah, I would be afraid to leave them alonetogether..... I won't leave bo out without me there. I guessit's because he's always in something!

I think the worst thing might be a bit of embarassment if you have company when they do this LOL!

I know what you mean about the companything! I had my friend's 3 year-old daughter round the otherday and she wanted to know what the 'bunny wabbits' weredoing. My husband told her they were 'play-wrestling'

Thnags seem to have improved a little in the past couple of daysanyway, the buns are sitting peacefully and occasionally Benjamin licksTwinkle's head.

Cuuuute

Latest posts

Back