When to take new bunnies to the vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krystalily

Reaction score
As most of you know, our family has grown withtwo boy bunnies. I have no clue how old they are (I'm guessing 6-8weeks?.. I have no clue) and I would like to get them established witha local vet.

As odds would have it, hubby is getting antsy about the cost of aphysical exam. For both bunnies it'd be about $80, which is CHEAP in myopinion. Of course, he wants to wait untilI get paid to havethem checked out, which I am fine with. I get paid March 2ndso I was thinking to schedule them sometime during the week of March5th. But he doesn't want me to schedule anything in case we'd need tocancel or whatever.

How long should I wait until I get these boys checked out? They seemhappy and I've seen no problems so far but it seems to me that it'sjust asking for fortune to make these bunnies sick and for them to notbe established with any vets!

Thanks guys for any help/opinions!

Update: called the vet place and they said thatthey could do a physical exam on the day of the neutering (sometime inmay/june) and that if they got sick I could still bring them inanytime. Phew, makes me feel much better!

But still, it's nice to know that they'd have someplace to go if they got sick! :)

Yay!

I have a file for all three of my buns at the vets, but Zeke has onlybeen neutered, and Baxter has never even been there. Wildfirewent in once to get a lump under her chin checked out (just fattytissue thank goodness), and before that she had only been in to bespayed.

So, your guys should be all good!

But, are you 100% sure they are both boys?? That would be theonly thing that concerns me. If one happens to be a girl, youare pretty much garunteed to have babies on your hands by 6 months ofage. I would be inclined to ask if you could take them in toget sexed around now, just to make sure.

--Dawn

I tried to sex them myself yesterday and saw ahole and not a slit (compared to the pics on the bunny 101) on bothbun's wees. So I am pretty sure they are boys. I may take them insometime in early March to get sexed just to make certain. :)

Latest posts

Back