When talking about rex's and mini rex's whats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renaelock

Reaction score
I've seen a lot saying otter but I don't know if that means more than just black, the pattern or what. So, I'd like to know. thanks!

"Broken" refers to a color pattern: A colorin combination with white. In some parts of the world, the pattern is referred to a "butterfly" or "papillion".

renaelock wrote:
I've seen a lot saying otter but I don't know if that means more than just black, the pattern or what. So, I'd like to know. thanks!
Here's a black otter mini-rex, picture taken at last year's NY State Fair:

minirex_4101.jpg

As I understand it, an "Otter" is defined as follows: the bunny is the basic color (black for black otters, brown for chocolate otters, etc.) and the belly, nostrils, eye circles, jowls, underside of the tail, inside of the ears, back of the fore feet and the inside of the hind feet and legs are more or less white.

12544_311509_150000001.jpg
Yep I have a black otter. As Mike said, her underside is white, rings around the eyes, etc. She also has a beautiful brown patch of color on the back of her neck.

renaelock wrote:
I do understand what "broken" means but what is "otter"?

Opps - sorry, I had another thread on my mind LOL.

Otter is a rabbit with a solid body color, tan pattern markings & white surface color on the belly. The gene that causes the pattern is the tan pattern "At".

Thanks for all the information and pictures to go along. I have a clear understanding of what Otter means now. Thanks guys!!!

Latest posts

Back