When Rabbits Attack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffS

Reaction score
The past week has seen a docile Riley. He hasn't mounted or attacked anyone till tonight. He nibbles at me sometimes but he's after my clothes (I think). Tonight I came home, thankfully wearing jeans instead of shorts, and when I walked by him he attacked me! It was very violent. I don't know if my reaction was the best, but I held him down for a few seconds. I let him go and started on my way but he attacked my ankle again. I grabbed him and picked him up. Now I'm thinking that wasn't a great idea, but hey, I was being attacked!

The next two things I did, and I don't remember what order I did them in, were change into shorts and shut him in my room alone for a short while, maybe 30 seconds or a minute. I was afraid he'd attack my bare ankles, but luckily he didn't.

Any advice about how to prevent future attacks or when they happen how to deal with them would be appreciated. It was scary to see him be so violent, and my leg hurts. I like cuddly Riley much better than demon Riley!

Also I'm wondering if it's possible that my mom's cat left some scent on my pant leg that he didn't like?

Jeff

He's acting as if nothing strange happened. I hope he doesn't even know it was me he was in a fight with.

It's absolutely possible that the cat left a scent on you. When I come back from volunteering with the shelter bunnies, or even if I've been around the bf's bunnies (Frida and Ben are his) my guys will chin me repeatedly and attack my shoes. I am of the opinion that making a loud squeal when bunnies bite you can make them learn no to. Cats smell really strongly to bunnies and are a predator so they want to defend themselves from them.

Wow! I just posted on the general forum the EXACT same thing! Penny is attacking out of no where and I'm bleeding. An hour later, she was squashed between my legs sleeping while I pet her. I wish I could help you but I need help too!

Latest posts

Back