When it rains, it pours

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illusion

Reaction score
My grandmother recently found out she has Pancreatic cancer, she had the Cyber knife done, and has been taking Chemo about once a week, for about 11 weeks. My grandmother actually raised me until I was 7, so we are alot closer than a normal grandmother daughter relationship. I was really scared I was going to loose her. She's a fighter and has had a positive attitude and outlook, pretty much the hole time. She's been my rock, since day one, and I try to be hers.

My mother, found out she has M.S. last month, I'm just not sure I can deal with much more emotionally, I think the more I know about both illnesses the better off I can deal with my emotions and be more suportive, to both. Sometimes Iwanna curl up in a ball and Cry. I know God won't give more than you can handle, but I'm at my limit.

Heather

I am sorry you and your family are going thru this.... if you need to cry .... go ahead... it helps to get it out... Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this. :hug:

thanks Bat42072, thanks slavetoabunny, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I guess it's effecting me differently, because I'm supposed to be the "strong one" in the family. I'm not feeling so strong right now though. I just pray that when my grandmother goes for another test her tumor has shrank. She isn't having anymore pain, I'm taking that as a good sign, now only if she can gain weight back. Mom goes for a brain MRI, sometime next week, hoping it goes good for her. Wish I could be with them both, but since mom is in Orlando, and my grandmother is a couple of counties over, I don't see that happening.

Just, kind of an update.

My grandmother goesfor herCatscan on Monday, to see if the tumer has shrank, or has gone altogather. Hopefully it has gone. She will always be diagnosed as having Cancer, and even though this war might not be over, I pray this battle is.

Mom goes for a Spinal Tap and a Brain MRI Next week. The Doctor will tell her when, hopefully on Monday. They've givin her several treatment options, she's just got to figure out which way she wants to go.

:hug1

i know what you mean about being really close to your grandma. mine lives 40 miles away and we go to the same church, so i see her alot and we're pretty close. i'd hate for anything to happen to her:nerves1

Slavetoabunny, thanks for offering to help. I really don't know what to do, or if there is anything I can do. Except hope for the best. Mom and Dad moved to Ocoee (sp)
not sure if that's still Orlando or not. Do you know of any really good doctors?
Thanks again, you'll never know how much I really appreciate the offer.

Latest posts

Back