when is it ok to introduce veggies to a 15 week old rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah you can give her/him new veggies, but like,one every 2 weeks, and very little. right now my rabbit can eat anything she wants because it introduced it slowly to her, but when i did give it to her to quickly, she got sick.. so just be careful to not give it to him/her to quickly

I would start off with a nice dark leafy veggie like parsley, cilantro, bok choy, or a dark lettuce.

Give a little bit, only one leaf or a couple sprigs. Then wait a day or two to see if your bun gets an upset tummy. Then give a little more in a small portion again.

Then slowly increase the amount. Once you have one veggie going good, add another veggie in. And follow the same procedure. Give just a little bit of the new veggie and then give more after watching for signs of upset tummy.

Keep adding veggies in until your bun is eating a wide range of veggies every day.

Good luck!

--Dawn

Hey there - you may want to wait till your bunny is a littler older. Many people wait till their rabbits are about 6 months before they introduce any vegetables.

I tried to introduced my rabbits to herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro) at about 13 weeks, however, you have to try really slowly.

I would give my Charlie halfa sprig of dill once a day. If he got mushy poop, he was off veggies until it cleared up. I did find 13 weeks a little young for the vegetables - Charlie still got mushy poop.

I held off until he was 4 months, and then then I tried again and it was more successful - so you may want to give your bun a try and see how he does.

Introduce one veggie at a time and slowly work in other vegetables. After abouta months, my bunny was up to a full plate of greens.

Latest posts

Back