When does everyone put their Christmas trees up?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitelop

Morgan
Reaction score
Its black Friday and I know a lot of people put their trees up today, some people before and some not until the first of December. (Or if your my friends mom, 3am Christmas morning, then it doesn't come down until May.)
Anyways, I'm here alone with my son. I'm a little bored since everything is clean from yesterday.
I was thinking about putting our tree up. But I feel like its a little too early.
I still might put it up, if I get too bored. hahaha.

When does everyone put their trees up?

My tree went up today. We're fully decorated on the inside. I'd say if you want to go for it!

When I was growing up, we used to put it up one of the last couple days in November, so it was ready to go by December 1st. I think because this year Thanksgiving was pretty early (we still have a week of November left!) it seems too early for Christmas stuff somehow.

Nowadays, me and the hubby don't even have a Christmas tree to put up! We live in an apartment and there's nowhere to store a tree all year. Last year I didn't even decorate. We had moved over the summer and I didn't want to unpack any more boxes in December!

It's too early! First of December, you're good to go. We usually do it I *think* on the sixth; St Nicholas's Day. With a cake for St Nick. Buuut more often than not, it's actually the first weekend of December. lol.

I really don't have a specific time, just sometime after Thanksgiving! When I was a kid, we didn't put it up until December 10th or 15th. I prefer doing it earlier than that :)

Sadly, we may not put up our tree this year. It's a little thing- about 3 feet tall- and goes on a table. We have a rather rambunctious kitty now and I have visions of him knocking it over and smashing my beloved ornaments. Even if we don't put the tree up though, we have other holiday decorations and will use those!

We usually put the tree up the first week of Dec. My brother's birthday is Dec 7th so growing up he always wanted it up before his birthday.

The christmas lights outside went up a week or 2 ago.

I usually put up all the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving and since we get a real tree we get it sometime during the first week of December. But since I'm having my sons birthday party early this year (his birthday is 12/21) I'm waiting till after the party to decorate (which is a week from today). Let's just say I can't wait till next weekend is here.

We get a real tree and have it flocked by a local greenhouse. They spray a white fluffy coating on it so it looks snowed on. I LOVE it :) they are so pretty. I also love real trees because of the smell.

We will probably get it next weekend. I think anytime after thanksgiving is a good time. I did my inside decorations yesterday and my hubby will be putting up the Xmas lights outside next weekend.

Love this time of year!

We used to wait awhile longer to put a "real" tree up in the hopes it would stay fresh, but they are all cut in November and shipped out, so they aren't really fresh unless it's a self cut tree. We went artificial several years ago when I got a $125 tree for $15 on closeout in January--my asthsma has been much better but I do miss the real pine scented air.

We've never had a real tree (growing up, that is), but mom used to buy a real pine wreath to hang above the fireplace. It added the pine smell to things, but there was no 'up keep.' Maybe a wreath would be small enough to not affect your asthma, but would still give you the scent? I think she would get them at a local gardening center/nursery.

Last year Shi Shi took a huge bite out of the tree and wouldn't leave it alone after. We usually put ours up the day after thanksgiving. Wont be around for chirstmas this year so there's no point.

My mum puts the deckies up in the house on the 1st of December but I put decorations around my bunnies runs around now, i'm putting the deckies around the runs today :D

There's really no set date, but I did put mine up yesterday complete with Elf watching and bunny proofing. lol. :) My mom would always put up the tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so today. I have to work, so I won't be helping her this year. I like to go over and help when I can. I always love going through all the ornaments.

Oh my word thats such a cute idea, getting stockings for buns! I want to steal it :p

I saw a bunny proof Christmas tree on Pinterest-picture hooks on the wall and pretty green garland weaved through so it looks like branches, and ornaments go on the nice safe hooks. Start it a foot up the wall and they won't even reach it! And, nothing for a cat to knock over either.

PS: Bunnybytes.com is having a pretty good sale, and they have the BEST bun toys.

Back