When do I wean?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFrench

Reaction score
We had babies on May 1. We have two left when dowe wean? I would just as soon keep them as long as I can with theMother is that fine? Thanks

Hi CFrench,

I suggest that you wean the kits at six to eight weeks of age. I wouldplace them in a cage togeter for a week or two and from there placethem into their own quarters. Be sure to give them plenty of grasshaythroughout the transition from mothers milk to solid feed. NO Veggiesuntill they are at least five months old. Then only as an ocassionaltreat. Everything a rabbit needs in contained in a qualitynutritionally balanced pelleted rabbit feed Grasshay and water. Waterbeing the most important part of the diet. Grasshay is necessary forthe long-fiber which will scrub the hindgut and prevent wool/furblock.Rolled Oats are a very good first feed for weanlings. Best of luck withyour little ones.;)

Dennis,C.V.R.:D

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/crescentvalley

If you are in no hurry to wean i leave them 8 toten weeks.Sometimes i leave does in with the mother longer. but takeout any bucks so they dont breed their mother.bluebird

Latest posts

Back