When do I know how large they'll be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aushi

Reaction score
Hello! So I bought small rabbits, dwarf mixes or some kind of mix of a small rabbit xD They are three months old in 4 days and haven't reached 1 pound yet :c

Well at least I think they don't. I weight myself and then I grab one and weight myself and the weight doesn't change by a pound or anything, so I'll probably have to find a more sensitive weight to actual weight them. But in the time I've owned them they've grown a loooot and seem happy and healthy.

At what age can I start judging how large they'll be? When will they stop growing? :c

Some pics to show they're size (they move alot xD Not the best pics)

b6tv21.jpg

2uhpmd1.jpg

28vuhbc.jpg

Six months seems to generally be pretty close to full size, they still do grow a little more, but it's much slower and you shouldn't notice any significant changes in size after that. If they're that small at 3 months, I would guess that they may grow up to 2 pounds, at a guess.

I just looked one of my rabbits weight charts and she went from 870gms at 12 weeks to 1.8kg as an adult so she doubled her size. So, my guess is yours will just about double in size.

Thanks everyone! I really don't care how large they are (Actually I'm hoping they're pretty big so they stop getting into places they shouldn't like under the rocking chair!! XD) I'm just mainly curious! Keeping a weight chart is a brilliant idea! ^_^ I'm gonna start doing that.

Two pounds sounds pretty good though, so my mother (owner of the house) doesn't freak when she visits xD I've been scaring her telling her I have a giant (those that can get up to a dogs size?) and when she comes over they'll be around 4 months old and I'm gonna loooove her face XD

My Rhinelander got a bit more than double his weight at 10 weeks. It seems that most rabbits will about double the weight from that age, so yours will probably be around 2 pounds fully grown.
Most breeds tend to stop growing around 6-9 months, but giant breeds can take longer. They are typically considered adult at 6 months, so the rest is more filling out a bit.

Hmmmm, the thought of a rocking chair in a room with a rabbit makes me a bit nervous... I heard of one getting squished somehow in a recliner.

I think it funny you told your mom you have a giant rabbit and they so small, she's gonna love them!.

Hmmmm, the thought of a rocking chair in a room with a rabbit makes me a bit nervous... I heard of one getting squished somehow in a recliner.

I think it funny you told your mom you have a giant rabbit and they so small, she's gonna love them!.

Yeah I removed the chair to a room they aren't allowed in while they grow big enough to not fit in there anymore, if they never grow big, oh well new room design!

And yeah, I asked my mother permission to own inside animals (in PR we have a HUGE tick problem, and plus my neighbors have dogs and don't really use tick repellents so it's even worse in my home. I don't even OWN dogs and I had a few ticks at the back yard, so I couldnt get a dog (no dogs allowed inside) and my kid and I (well.. really mostly me xD) wanted a pet. She said as long as it can be contained in a cage I could have it. It didn't matter how big the cage was, even if the cage was a big as a room, that way my dad wouldn't flip (he has a thing about animals indoors). My parents live in FL but they visit at least twice a year so I couldn't keep them a secret lol

So I was like I BOUGHT TWO OF THEM, THEY ARE FLEMISH GIANTS THIS IS THEIR MOM:
http://i61.tinypic.com/242wfgl.jpg

And she almost died lol She'll flip when she comes home and see those two runts lol

I'm confused as to why you had to ask your parents permission when you don't even live with them, is it their house? Not that it's really any of my business, but I was just curious :p

I think it's hilarious that you told her that you got Flemmies, how funny :D

I'm confused as to why you had to ask your parents permission when you don't even live with them, is it their house? Not that it's really any of my business, but I was just curious :p

I think it's hilarious that you told her that you got Flemmies, how funny :D

Yeah I live in their second home while I go to college, it was way cheaper than them paying for an apartment near the university x) They moved out years ago, so it works!

And yeah I even want to take a video of her reaction I cant waaaait!

Latest posts

Back