When can I fix my bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachaeeelanneee

Reaction score
My bun Moo, is still fairly young, but when would be a good time to get him fixed? Is there a general time frame or a specific time to get him fixed? Also, any estimates for cost in Idaho?

I'm tired of him pooping everywhere. Haha. I'm ready to get him fixed so that he'll stop that. Hopefully. Haha.

After the age of around 6 months is usually advised and probably the best time as a rabbits behaviour can also change once hit 6 months (maturity) as for pricing I have not got a clue as I live in the UK but over here it's costing me around £48 to get my bun done on Friday as I have the same problem with him pooing everywhere.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1394414402.784365.jpg

Males can be done once the testicles drop, but around 5 months is usually a good time. Some vets might want the rabbit to be a certain weight or age before doing it. There really isn't an upper age limit as long as they are healthy, but some behaviours (like spraying) might not go away if he is older (a few years) as it can become a learned behaviour.

As for price, it really can vary a lot. Your best bet is just to call some rabbit vets and ask. Also ask about the exam cost and pain medication as they might not be included in the neuter cost. Make sure the vet is good as well, not all really know rabbits even if they treat rabbits or are recommended (things do change over time).

Back