What's your monthly bunny budget?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbits: 3

Hay: $1 ($4 bag lasts 4 months)

Pellets: $12 (1bag per month)

Litter: N/A (I use old newspapers)

Veggies: N/A (I use kitchen scraps and outdoor clover)

Toys: N/A (I use old boxes and such)

Vet visits: ~$10 a month (average over the year)

Misc.: $10 (chewed wires, nail clippers, etc.)

Total: $33 a month

Sorry, I had to make a correction. The hay is actually cheaper than I originally thought. I also added a total.

Rabbits: 3

Hay: $5 ($20 bag lasts 4 months)

Pellets: $12 (1bag per month)

Litter: N/A (I use old newspapers)

Veggies: N/A (I use kitchen scraps)

Toys: N/A (I use old boxes and such)

Vet visits: ~$10 a month (average over the year)

Misc.: $10 (chewed wires, nail clippers, etc.)

This is pretty much the same as mine, though I get a mini bale of hay that lays 4 months or so (I have 2 rabbits). I do get wood stove pellets for litter. I get a large bag for $6 and it lasts me about 4 months as well. People keep saying bunnies are expensive, but if you get the right supplies at the right places, they really are not. Unless you are comparing to cats. Then they are quite a bit more costly.

This is pretty much the same as mine, though I get a mini bale of hay that lays 4 months or so (I have 2 rabbits). I do get wood stove pellets for litter. I get a large bag for $6 and it lasts me about 4 months as well. People keep saying bunnies are expensive, but if you get the right supplies at the right places, they really are not. Unless you are comparing to cats. Then they are quite a bit more costly.

I actually don't spend as much money on bunnies as cats, but we pamper our cats like crazy. I agree. One of the reasons my mom didn't want to get a rabbit at first is because she thought it would be too expensive, but it hasn't been.

I tried using newsp paper it didnt work very well I just bought carefresh its pricey but it works great my bunnie loves it . ive only had him for about a month. Found him in the back yard

Back