Whats your buns fav. Toy & Treat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv Buns

Reaction score
My bunnys fav. toy so far seems to be a tiny candy box and a ball of newspaper. I'm just glad they are cheap!! :) His fav. treat so far is croutons but nothing beats his grass.

I would like to get more ideas from what your bun's fav.s are. Add photos if youd like!

My rabbit loves those vita-kraft alfalfa slims. As well as newspaper and cardboard for both hiding and chewing during playtime.. He seems to like his food bowl a lot as a toy too, there's teeth marks all over it lmao.

Natasha loves toilet paper or paper towel rolls as toys - stuff some hay inside, and they're perfect. Her favorite treats are dried banana chips, craisins and broccoli florets.

Favorite treat.. that is a toughy, he LOVES his food. He goes nuts for fresh grass, apples and carrots.

For toys, anything he can chew to bits is a hit. He really likes cardboard.

nut puppet's favorite toy is my three year old's shoes. seriously. he chews at them, digs at them, tosses them around, carries them from place to place... he's also fond of this little plastic jack that is technically a cat toy. he carries it and tosses it around.

rue's favorite toy is a big binder clip. he likes to toss it. he does the same with my daughter's little metal pots and pans, the ones that have handles he can easily grip. he likes balls that he can push around, and hanging toys that he can bat at and pull on.

dried pineapples and mangoes are favorites as far at treats go.

My brats favourite toy are their vine/lattice balls, they love shredding them, they run over the moment i toss one into their cage.

As for their favourite treat, it seems to be their morning salad, holey do they go ape when they see me coming with that heaping bowl of greens. Just Kale, spinach, cilantro, bok choy topped with apple and strawberry coated in Critical Care, with a few leaves of Basil as a garnish :) plus all those veggies are super cheap so it works out great :D

I was thinking of growing some herbs - mainly for Jelly Bean. I was thinking of doing it in those decomposable pots and growing them and when they are big enough placings one in his cage to let him play with it, dig and eat.
Also wanted to get those yougert chips? Anyone tried them?

Loving you alls info - keep 'em coming!

The cleaner at my work is nice enough to save all the empty toilet paper rolls from the washrooms. They're larger and thicker than standard rolls, and they love them. I also made them a tunnel out of NIC cubes and covered it with a towel. Because of Molly's size, it was hard to find a tunnel she could fit through, lol.

the yogurt chips are probably okay as a once every so often treat... but so is a fresh strawberry. Dairy and buns dont really go together.

Stop by walmart next time youre around one and pick up some seed packs in the garden center, they have 1 brand thats only 20 cents a pack and there are lots of veggies, herbs and fruits bunnys would love. Plus at 20cents who cares if they dont sprout. Even stuffing something like basil, mint, or cilantro, something fragrent and yummy smelling, into those plastic lattice cat toys with the bell inside.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
They all like the paper rollers and small cardboard boxes--both can be chewed and tossed. The all like Cilantro so much that we use it for bribery.

Nice bribery tatic! :)

Watermelons: Thats funny you should say that, I just tried a strawberry with him today. He ate a little of it but didnt seem to care much for it. :confused2: Maybe I will try it again sometime later. I'm glad I didnt get the yogurt chips today then - he gets enough stuff he prob should have already.

My boys confuse me a bit. They really don't have an interest in chewing things. I've seen them roll around their balls, I have a few baby teething toys I hang from the walls and around the cage they like to knock around a bit. They don't pay much attention to paper towel rolls, my boys just don't want to go for the cheap toys. Overall I think they are each others best toys, they are always chasing each other around and laying on top of each other.

They just turned 6 months (they grow up so fast :in tears:) , so I've been holding off on treats. I think it's time to start them on some veggies :)

Treats - banana and cilantro - although cilantro is more of his regular diet as he gets some every day. Also loves dried papaya but I'm out right now.

Toys - Basil loves his long cardboard tube that we got from home depot (it's actually a form for cement but don't tell him cuz it's his favorite rabbit toy). It's about 4 feet long and he loves to run through it. Also, he likes anything he can throw - Toilet paper tubes, cat toys, baby keys, plastic bowls, etc.

kirst3buns wrote:
Treats - banana and cilantro - although cilantro is more of his regular diet as he gets some every day.  Also loves dried papaya but I'm out right now.

Toys - Basil loves his long cardboard tube that we got from home depot (it's actually a form for cement but don't tell him cuz it's his favorite rabbit toy).  It's about 4 feet long and he loves to run through it.  Also, he likes anything he can throw - Toilet paper tubes, cat toys, baby keys, plastic bowls, etc.

I've wanted to get a box like that because I know Jelly Bean would love it! No luck yet, I might just have to make it with smaller boxes and tape. lol.

My bun isnt much of a chewer either, but I got this log chew from Walmart and he chews it a lot. The TP tubes he throws around. Usually ends up in his water bowl. :) He loves the shred the cardboard bottom after a while, and newspaper balls. Any forum of paper really that he can dig at.
With the TP tubes I put treats in the middle and fold the sides down and he has to throw it around and pull the tabs open so he can get the treat.

Truvy has wooden things in her cage that she wont chew or touch. She loves her tiny stuffed doggy and will push him around her cage when shes inside. She also LOVES to chew on her critter habitat chew log. I put her veggies inside of it and she will hop into the tunnel, eat the veggies, then try to chew her way back out! :) She loves red pepper ALOT, so much so that she rips it out of my hand and runs to eat it somewhere "private" :)

Thors favorite toy??? hmmm ME!

His favorite treat would be Black Oil Sunflower seeds and Papaya. It's like bunny crack and he goes bonkers for them :) OOOO and he loooves my fresh home grown basil.

Caramel's favorite toys are things like baby keys that she can toss and baby links that I hook together and onto her condo and she takes apart. Her favorite treats are craisins or dried fruit.
Teddy's favorite toy is his tunnel. His favorite treats are banana chips or oats.
Gus's favorite toys are cardboard boxes and a toss ball type baby toy by Manhattan Baby. His favorite treats are berries.
Gracie's favorite toy is a cardboard box made into a tunnel and her favorite treat is a carrot.

Michiko's favorite toy is anything she can destroy, she especially loves wicker toys. Her favorite treat is Peter's dried papaya.

Pepsi boxes. You would have thought I'd given them their own bunny theme park! Milo starts binkying as soon as I pull it out of the cabinet, and Evie starts doing the Bunny 500. They love to play "tag" and "hide n go seek" with their humans while they play in it. No tp rolls, no baby toys, nothing. Just the box lol.
Unfortunately, Milo has figured out that if he rings the bell hanging from a treat holder in the cage, that I will eventually come to the cage to " see him and give him pets", if its the middle of the night. Its his new favorite game, which usually results in me stumbling to the kitchen at 2 a.m. half asleep to get him a carrot so he'll go to sleep. Talk about training your human. Geez

Latest posts

Back