What's Your Bunny's Favorite Treat(s)?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebony is a very fussy eater and doesnt each muchbut shes getting better. Where as fidget eats anything you give him hesnot at all picky! he just eats and eats and eats but hes not at allfat. hes just a hungry ungry bunny!
Luv 4rm loz n ebs n fudge
xxoxoxox
:cool:

Good Lord, BunnyMommy, I think it would've been easier if you had saidwhat Doesn't your bunny eat rather than what are his favorite snacks."Mr. Pig" (aka: Tucker) will eat anything he get steal. I think hisfavorite treat is bananas, yogurt treats, oats, and jalapeno anything.Of course, he gets so excited and consumes anything I give him so fastthat it's hard to tell what he likes the best.

One time I had the girls over for a pizza/movie night and Tucker jumpedup on my friend's lap as she sat down on the couch with her plate ofpizza, he ripped the top of her piece of pizza off and took off withit. He had everything from the cheese up. The pizza was a "garbagepizza". It had everything on it except for anchovies. So apparently,Tucker will eat meat if he can.

3-4 lbs. of Trouble, that's what I have here. It's unbelievable to methat I had to apologize to my friend for my rabbit's behavior. We alllaughed at how sly and quick he was. I don't think any one of thosegirls will forget that. Once in awhile, it'll still come up.

-Carolyn

lol Carolyn, how cute! What a little twirp. See inmy case, Mocha once stole my licorice (ya I can't spell) and tryexplaining to you're German teacher that you're rabbit ate yourhomework, I mean that makes "my dog ate my homework" believeable. ButMocha grabbed it in his teeth. Ripped it in half, and tore off with it,by the time I got a hold of it again, it was in pieces and I had almostfinished! So I'd have to say my his favorite treat is my almostfinished homework!

lol, ok so here's Mocha's real favorite treat, yogurt dips, or thetropical fruit rabbit treats from Wal*mart. He goes nuts over these,and my sister got him hooked on graham crackers, but I don't feed theseto him.

Spice LOVES grapes, yogurt dips, and the tropical fruit rabbit treats.I'd have to add in apple tree bark as he is a chewer and goes nuts overit too lmao.

Laura

Megan likes to eat wallpaper, drywall, baseboards,cardboard, doorstops, carpet, and anything she might happened to findon the floor lol.

She loves her Habitrail snacks, coconut sticks and timothy hay.

bunny4.bmp

I found this picture this morning!!!!

Most of our buns like ZuPreem AvianBreederFruitBlend Flavor Diet, which, "...contains five different colored,individually shaped, fruit-flavored extruded nuggets. Thenugget shapes are apples, bananas, oranges, grapes andmelons....available in three nuggetsizes(I buy thelarge). Naturally stabilized with Vitmins E and C with noadded ethoxyquin or other artificial preservatives."

It looks like some of the colored bits one sees in the pet store brandfeeds we are all warned against, and in fact, may be the same thing forall I know, but at least in this form, I control how much my bunsreceive at any given time.

My reasoning is that if this stuff is a primary diet for parrots, itcannot be all that unhealthy as an occasional treat for mybuns. Both, a local feed store and a local pet store, carrythe item in loose bulk form to be purchased by the pound for about$1.89 American.

Buck :)

The Habitrail treats I buy my bunny came with herStarter Kit... they're for hamsters too, since it does have a hamsteron the box. They're little colorful crisp puffs (they're like rainbowSugur Crisp lol) And the box says to only give them a few at a time. Sothat's all I ever did.. these kinds won't hurt her, will it?

Well Blacky, Hopscotch and Bunny Hop lovewatermelon rinds, they seem to be a big hit with them and Molassis andVladimir could care less but they all love strawberries! Theyget a plate of fresh veggies including carrots, celery, parsley andcilantro everyday and about once or twice a week I give them freshspinach and then fruit treats at least once a week too. Theymust smell the fruit under the veggies cause they dig it outfirst!! Cant' fool them. The girls and I areplanting some veggies this year just for the bunnies and the girls areexcited about that too.

Carolyn, That is so funny to hear aboutTucker stealing pizza! You will have a laugh over that onefor a long time to come! For a little guy, Tucker has a lotof personality. He is very cute also. I saw apicture that you had posted once. My 2 Trouble and Trixie areporkers also. When that refrigerator door comes open, theycome flying! They love bananas- it is so funny towatch a rabbit chew a piece of banana. They both will knockyou down and trample you for a raisin There is a treat that I buy atWalMart that they both love. It is called fruit and nutcakes. I cut up the cakes making themsmaller. They love oats and never have a problem withfinishing their Purina Rabbit Chow. When those 2 do not eat,then I know that something is wrong! Good to talkto you. Beckie

My last rabbit was an outdoor rabbit like my Fidget and Ebony and seldom did he ever come in the house.

Then one day he wondered in and sat on the mat staring at me.
I was eating lunch at the time and I went other and sat but him. I putmy piece of pizza onto the floor next to me and started to pet him.
My rabbit glanced around,suddenlytook one giantleap over my lap grabbed the whole piece of pizza and sprinted out intothe garden.

Cheeky rascal!!!

lots of love lauren and ebony and fidget
xoxoxox

Loz,

Good gracious that was a good laugh :D. A pizza eating buy indeed. I'msure you explained to the pizza stealer that bunnies don't eat pizza.

Just picturing this made me laugh so hard I had to tell you how funny I think you two are.

Rhonda

I was os glad to hear some elses bun eats pizza.When Bunty was spayed they had trouble getting her to start eating so Iordered a pizza and went to the vet office and they thought it was forthem. Well she did share it with them but she did nibble enough pizzato go home where she relaxed and chowed down

Bunnymommy,

Apples, pineapple and raisins huh? And Sherman really does love those raisins.

My Cappuccino and my Meadow both love oats. They rarely ever see anybecause they are rich in calories but a 1/2 teaspoon of those rolledoats out of the box seems to be a dream come true for them both. Theyare also both crazy about sweet potato.

I was looking over the list of bunny safe vegetables that I keep herein my office and saw parsnips on the list. Wow :) that sounds good.They like carrots so they may also like parsnips. Both of them madesure that I knew that the new salad topping wasn't what they had inmind :( when I headed out to the little organic food store in myneighborhood. I even tried wetting the parsnips and dipping themin thedried oats but they weren't fooled by this. They licked off the oatsand left the parsnips at the bottom of their bowls.

Rhonda

Bunty,

Pickle Breath?

Mine dives for the Garlic. I've got garlic breath over here!

-Carolyn

My little Cookie loves his Lucky Charms.It is a rainbow colored type of rabbit food that we got atPetsmart. It has different shapes (your know...Pink Hearts,Yellow Moons, Green Clovers and New Blue Diamonds.) Sorry,just a blast from my childhood. :) Anyway, he gets his LuckyCharms every morning with his pellets and hay. He will pickout and eat all of the yellow Lucky Charms before he eats anything else.

He also loves pineapple, cilantro, parsley, bananas and babycarrots. We tried to give him fresh strawberries and he justturned his nose up at them.

LOL pickle breath! Mine loves apples, grapes,blueberries, parsley, carrots, corn, ate a cheerio once by accident& loved it (she stole it from me when i had her out toplay!),

she gets picky though.. sometimes I will give her something I know shelikes but she won't eat it, other times she'll go crazy for it! :)

~pam

Latest posts

Back