What's your bigger goal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is more impressive BIS or grand champion?

• BIS- best in show

• Grand champion for rabbit

• Both

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

djluster

Reaction score
Two questions? What I's your goal for your show rabbit. To win BIS or the have it become a grand champion. Second part would be not your goal but what do you think most people see as more impressive.

My goal is to get BOB and I'll be happy. :D

A BIS for any rabbit is great. Especially the rare breeds, that's an accomplishment

It depends. I have owned a GC bunny that had 7 legs and it was Horrible in type...meaning that the breeder likely had her brother and sister enter and they were the only ones at the show with no competition. So even though the animal had poor type, the animals it was showing against had even worse type. So just because a rabbit is a GC and has GC legs, it really doesn't mean much. A BIS win is impressive, but it's just one judge's opinion.;) The winner today could be the loser tomorrow.:D

BIS is definitelymore impressive for me. To acheive first place over the BOB of every breed at the show is an accomplishment. The closest we've gotten was 1st Runner Up for BIS and it was awarded by an out of state judge who knew our breed. This means a lot to us because the breeds we showare not as popular, and not usually judged by someone who really 'knows' them.

I'm sure there are rabbits who'vebeen granded anddidn't deserve it. The experience with our rabbits has been different.Therabbits we have who've received a GC, or are eligible for it, have earned it. More often than not there aren't 3 exhibitors for our breeds at a show, so when there are, and they do well enough to earn a leg, then it means something.

I have a few goals. First I want to get my new herd buck his las leg to GC. But I guess I would say I would see winning a BIS with a rabbit that I bred would be my top goal. I agree I think getting s BIS I's way harder then GC. I know breed has alot to do with it as well since I would guess a popular breed I's harder to GC. But for short goals first I would love to win any leg for a Dutch that I bred, not one I bought for show or from another breeder so with that my second part would to grand my own and then fir one of my own to win BIS.

Back