What's wrong with my rabbits ear?!?!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vek555

Reaction score
There are little patches on the inside of each ear were the skin looks scuffed up (like when you fall on concrete and skin your knee) and its red and flaky. He was previously housed with an aggressive female for 1-2 days that harassed him, humped him and tried pinning him down (and she ripped out a little bit of fur from him!) Of course they're separated now but could she have done this? Or is it mites? What should I do?

He's an indoor rabbit (caged) although I let him run around the backyard a lot. He once had a tick in one ear many months ago that I removed and I think he healed fine. His cage is always clean and he has a good diet. He shows no behavioral symptoms

It was probably the other rabbit. For some reason the ears are the first thing to go in a fight. Kai and Franklin's ears are pretty shredded from fighting with each other. Ok not shredded but definitely a bit rearranged

I would think that with it being the inside of the ear, and both ears, that he could be scratching his own ears. In that case it could be mites or an ear infection. Definitely keep an eye on it and if it doesn't look a little better in a couple of days, you may want to take him into a vet.

That's what I'm thinking too. Because it's not at all on the outside of his ears. I never see him scratching his ears though.. What is the most probable cause of the itching?

Could either be mites or ear infection. Do you ever see him shaking his head or is there any dirty stuff on the inside of the ears? Either one, you would need to see a vet for, to get some meds. I guess it could be something else, but those are the most likely.

Back