What's Wrong with Jack.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get an extremely good rabbit savvy vet for this. I agree with the post above it looks like cherry eye.

If that is what it is— you want a vet that has experience with it. I had a friend whose rabbit had it and the vet charged her $800 to suture it back... the operation didn't work at all - the rabbits eye just went back to exactly the same way as before.

Then after doing some research it turned out that usually just suturing the tear duct/eyelid back into eye- usually never works and many vets recommend just taking the whole eye out instead.

So you want a really good vet who knows what would be best- suturing it back- or taking the eye out completely.

Also, would like to add to what I wrote-- your rabbits eye does not look as bad as my friends rabbit did so if its cherry eye- if may only be in early stages so a good vet might be able to fix it with a simpler treatment.

Hi, I am a newbie when it comes to a rabbit. For me, you better take your rabbit to vet for treatment. :)

Back