What's up with me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
What’s up with me and the bunnies:

- Pipp went on a major tear going after my computer wires, she was possessed, finding new ways to get on my desk, behind the blockers, monitor, etc. She chewed three mouse wires in about three places each and put serious bites in my monitor and other cables. The last bite blew up my system, but I got it working again except for the USB panel. In the process, she got a good shock and a singed face, which has thankfully muted her enthusiasm. (The worst damage was caused by me trying to grab her when she yet again found a way to get on my desk and behind the monitor – the monitor fell and now I have imbedded marks and can’t see parts of the screen). :grumpy:

- My ‘great’ roommate (Ginger) got an offer from a classmate to share a cheaper place right next to her school and moved out leaving the place with half-painted murals and sticky things all over the walls and doors. The current roomie (Rick) moved in here with a girlfriend but they split up (quietly, thank goodness!)is nice guy but a total flake and probably can’t make his rent this month. :sigh:

- Sherry has moved upstairs to live with my neighbour Jason who was just fostering her for a week or three while Marvin settled in, but Jason and Sherry bonded. (Jason is awesome).

- Radar and Darry are getting more attention from Rick than any of the previous roommates lately - they can run around in his room instead of being confined to their porch area -- so they're happy.

- Marvin settled right in and was a great people bunny, but I couldn’t get the Small Animal Rescue people to come and pick up unadoptable Lisa and Peaches and take them to a sanctuary (they will be so much happier with other bunnies and not people), and now Marvin has pretty much bonded to them and he's being influenced by the foster snots, I know they're whispering nasty things in his ear about humans. (Now what?)

- Sherry came down to visit and was harassing the foster bunnies through the bars when lo and behold one of the panels came loose and Lisa got out and got into a fight with Sherry. Both have mouth abscesses and need penicillin injections every 48 hours and ChorPalm every 12 hours probably for three months. :( (Now Lisa REALLY hates people).

- Dill is still dead but I finally brought him home. (I asked them to cremate Scooter, though, and I didn’t want his ashes, as much as I was smitten with the little guy the short time he was here, his death is a guilt-ridden memory).
- One of the reasons I didn't bring Dill home sooner is that I couldn't find a meaningful 'casket' and marker for his grave. But then I realized that I had been hanging on to the box that Cathy had packed 'Sweetpea' (my beloved black bunny ceramic, Cathy, I still can't thank you enough)), and that it meant more to me than anything I could find or buy, so he's now 'resting comfortably' in Sweetpea's box in Jason's freezer. (You know when you have a good friend when he offers to house your dead bunny in his freezer).
- I can actually understand George carrying around his dead bunny for four months now. I had Dill in his box on the kitchen table and it was kinda cool having him there (even though he was frozen – that part was a bit disconcerting). I’m going to bury him soon (obviously) and I will miss him so much. :cry1:

What’s up with the forum:

- The original software company, WowBB, came out with a totally new version but promptly withdrew it. The current company we’re with now (the only one to offer signature controls) has stalled. The owner split with her developer now so all the planned things we’ve been waiting for are even farther away. Her rival company may be developing some modifications so we can move there and keep features like sig control, but our themes are also an issue, they won’t transfer over. I’ll know more when they unveil their new version any time now.
- It's tough to do much in terms of tech changes with all this up in the air, but I think I'll be asking the tech/graphics-savvy mods and rockers to start looking at finishing our portal page and themes and place contest pics, reminders, etc, on the forum, and just hope we can retain them.
- I'm using the new GoogleChrome browser, and it is SO much faster navigating the forum! A few 'beta version' drawbacks, eg: you have to type emoticon codes because clicking the images places them at the bottom of the page, but you don't lose posts all the time. :yahoo:

All for now... I think.

sorelle :bunnydance:

Wowsers. Thanks for the update, Sas, it's nice to know what's the latest with you. I didn't know you got a new guy named Marvin. I'll have to check out the posts about him. Sorry to hear about your roommate trouble.

Maybe I'll post a small update here myself. Darya is 7 months old, some nights she lets me get some sleep. Some, not so much. I go back to work in 2.5 months, yikes.
The bunnies are great. A couple of months ago, we spent about $1000 on Wesley's ears, only for the vet to tell me they were just full of wax (they had to put him under to remove all of the wax). Now we're spending money to get his eyes flushed, the tear ducts keep getting plugged. Both of these problems would be solved by Jordi grooming Wesley in return. Darya likes to put bunny hay and bunny "pellets" in her mouth and she's pretty mobile, though not crawling quite yet.

Hope all is well with everyone else. I had a dream about Angela (naturestee) last night. Weird. :)

I don't really know what to say to that except BAJESUS....you got a lot goin' on girl!!!!

Hope Pipp is better after her little electrifying experience!

Tracy and Nemo

Sas, I'm really touched that you liked Sweetpea so much. That makes me so happy! I'm flattered that the box was so useful. I'm honored that you used it for Dill! (I feel better that he is finally home with you.)

Poor Pipp! Silly Twit! Maybe that taught her a lesson?

Thinking of you and hoping that things even out for you and the buns.

Cathy

Latest posts

Back