What's the best gift your bun has ever received?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a cheapo when it comes to bunny toys. I usecardboard boxes... a long one opened on both ends makes a great tunnelfor running through and hiding in. An old phonebook was the best toy Iever gave my Tinklebunny. Seriously. I am also on the look out for somewooden spoons... I am checking $1 stores. Stuff like that. I have ahayday at the dollar store. My bunny loves towels, digging in them,scootching them around. You might try hiding some green apple slices ina washcloth... Since Dougal is a dwarf, and a towel might overwhelmhim. :shock:Have you tried raisins with him? My rabbit wentnuts for them.

I am also thinking about clicker training her, she is pretty smart, andreally curious. Has anyone else tried this? Any pointers... also, wherecan I buy a clicker? Do I have to special order it?

I looked up thePalace Pet bedding... I think I want some ofthis.Does it say what kind of material it is, Basset? Thatmight be their "trade secret"

Ani-lover, I would check around fabric stores, once we find out what it is made of and see if there is anything comprable to it.

~Star~

Starina, I don't know for sure what the actualmaterial is (will check the package when I get home tonight to see whatit says), but this stuff was specially designed for animals who areelderly or are convalescing.

Bunnys_rule, I think that is the same product, just manufactured undera different name. I believe it did originate in Europe, and it wasdesigned for veterinary clinics.

I can't recall what I paid for it now, but will find the cost tonightand will post it. My only disadvantage is that I couldn't find aCanadian supplier (I don't think there is one), so I wound up having topay an extra $20.00 in duty charges at the border. But you know, itworks so well that the extra cost was more than worth it...Raph has hadhis in his cage for2 days now, and it is bone-dry. And heurinates a lot!

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Palace Pet Bed Link for continental US:

http://www.palacepet.com/index.htm

I've been wanting to get this for a while. Bassetluv, doesRaph like it? Does he chew it?Have youtried washing it yet?

Snuggy's mom...Raph seems to love this bedding...he looks so much morecomfortable now with it in his cage. It's very thick, very dense, andvery soft. It's designed to withstand chewing, but so far Raph hasn'teven attempted to chew it, while some of his old blankets were gettingthat 'swiss-cheese' look, as he would chew them. He stretches out on itand just from the look of him, he seems so much happier. His hindjoints probably cause him some discomfort, and I think this beddinghelps with that.

I haven't yet washed it, but it is supposed to withstand hundreds ofwashes, and I believe (though will have to double-check) that you canput bleach in the water to clean it if you prefer. In the forum Ijoined for disabled rabbits, several people there have it, and they saythey've washed theirs over and over and over and over again, and it'sstill durable. I purchased two of them for Raph, and once my financialstate improves, I will be buying some for Anna as well, even though sheuses her litter box and her cage remains clean. She doesn't 'need' itfor anything in particular, but it's just such a wonderful bedding! Iwould imagine this would also be a great product for anyone whoserabbits suffer from sore hocks as well. LOL...I feel like aspokesperson for the company, but it really is the best thing I've seenin a long time.

ani-lover wrote:
Bassetluv, what forum may that be???:bunnydance: you could pm me if you want.:)

It's called 'disabled rabbits' and you can find it in Yahoo groups(just click on the Groups link in Yahoo, do a search for disabledrabbits and it will come up). You need to be a member to have access toit, since it's not open to the public, but you can apply to sign upright there if you're interested. I found it when I was searching forinfo on disabled rabbits for Raph...he's not fully disabled (nor areall the rabbits that members there own, I don't think) but over thesummer I noticed he was beginning to stumble and fall a lot more often,so I wanted to be prepared, just in case he is some day facing fulldisability. (Crossing my fingers that he won't lose all back legfunction.)

Latest posts

Back