What's the background behind your bun's name?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we steal our names from books, movies and TV. Commander Bun-Bun came from a Drew Carey episode.

Omg, Nancy I never thought there was another person on the planet who saw that episode! I just lost my Commander Bun Bun a few weeks ago after complications from surgery to drain an abscess :tears2:

People always looked at me so strange when I told them his name!

But I now share my life with a new bun, a 4 month old Dutch named Layla. After the Eric Clapton song. The acoustic version is my fave.

Rabbits
Harper-Well Harper was a Honey, for his colour, but then we found out she was a he. I wanted to keep the H, because my dog is named Happy and I like pairs/themes((as you will see in the rest of my post)). I went through a list of baby boy names that started with H and Harper just stuck. :D

Popcorn & Butters- Originally they were I think Jezikiel and something, but I liked Popcorn and then Butters was named Nissan by my mother. I didn't like it and renamed him Butters to match his sister and it ended up sticking because it was a cute name.

Cricket & Dragonfly- I had begun to look for names for my next FFA animals, and wanted symbols for good luck, because last year I had a bad luck theme going. I had just looked up Chinese good luck symbols before we took them home, so I immediately named the bigger one Cricket and eventually settled on Dragonfly for the little one.

Chaos & Catastrophe- They were part of my FFA meat pen of rabbits, and their siblings were named Mischief & Mayhem. XD Their names were meant to go along with 13((my big black cow)) and Box((as in Pandora's box, my lamb)).

Past Rabbits
Peter- Named, obviously, for Peter Cottontail XD

Chinchilla- I just liked the way it sounded. Peter & Chinchilla are my only pair of rabbits not to be named as a pair, and one of my few animals not named to go along with another one.

Rabid & Vicious- Vicious was, in fact, vicious, for a very long period of time and Rabid just seemed like a good name to go with Vicious.

Splodge was named after the splodge of colour on his back.
With Chloe, I picked her out when she was only a couple of weeks old and I didn't know whether she would be a boy or a girl so it was going to be Cleo for a boy or Chloe for a girl.

Alaska- her name was originally Snow White when I first got her, I didn't care for the name. My bf's daughter and I kicked around names for a while until we came up with Alaska. She's pure white with blue eyes, so Alaska fits her perfectly.

Gixxer- His shelter name was Decarlo and we knew we wanted to change it. My bf has 2 Suzuki Gsx-r 750's, or Gixxer for short so we named him after his motorcycles.

Max- This was the name that he came with but it fits him to a tee. I'm also this bunny's 4th home and I have no idea how many names he had before Max.

Takumi- Tak did not have a name at the shelter, only a number. We were told that he was a girl so "her" name was going to be Bella-Boo in honor of Kelly's Berry-Boo since they looked so much alike. Well, not long after he came home he showed his boy parts to us so we had to change his name. Chris and I like an anime show about drifting called Initial D and the main character's name is Takumi.

We just added two more bunnies to the family.

Gopher: She's a Lionhead mix and looks like th gopher from Caddyshack.

Tuuka: No idea. My sister named it and it fits him well.

When I got my bunny from bunny buddies rescue, she was named Smokey Mocha.. I thought to myself - that's not a bunny name and that's a mouthful! So I shortened it to Momo, which means peach in Japanese and is also a common Japanese pet name.

Hi everyone

Yoshi: was named after nintendo game chracter because he is so cute and cherpie like him

And

Asher: Was named already when we adopted her from pet rescue!!!

:)

Latest posts

Back