What's for dinner?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
I love having a good dinner and now that comfort food is back on the table...whatcha makin (or having made) tonight?

For me...looks like ham and mac and cheese for us tonight. Not my favorite, but it's what I took out of the freezer.

Hi Carolyn, we're having Breaded Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots with a touch of butter and dill and garlic powder.

Susan:running bunny

Broiled Chicken Cutlets, that have been marinated in Italian dressing
Smashed taters
Cheddar & broccoli rice medley

.....yummmmmmmers :p

.....and then I get to change litter pans! oh boy!!:bunnydance:

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Both meals sound better than mine! You've inspired me to make scalloped potatoes rather than mac and cheese. It makes it a bit more exciting.

Love the ideas!! Thanks. It's always fun to see what others come up with because sometimes you get into the rut of always feeling like you're cooking the same meals.

(For those that don't know...JimD is a wonderful cook! I still dream about the dish he brought to my house for the Bunny Party. Slurp...that was deeeelish!)

Carolyn wrote:
(For those that don't know...JimD is a wonderful cook! I still dream about the dish he brought to my house for the Bunny Party. Slurp...that was deeeelish!)

Ummmmm....sausage, peppers, and onions ala `Jim?

Funny thing is.....I don't think I've made that since :?.

The pasta salad is one of my favs, too.
Super simple...cold/cooked pasta, veggies of choice, and plain ol' Italian dressing.
I've even substituted frozen uncooked veggies, and it still comes out good!

Mmmmm yum,those sound yummy

Well tonight i am going to make pasta....i use the shell ones,cook them up add my cooked mince beef which i had added onion alsoand then addmy delicious pasta sause,which i always add my own extra herbs and garlic to it,stir it all together,yum....and i will also be making cauliflower and cheese....cauliflower with melted cheese on top.

Shoot! now I'm hungry! I'll have to try the carrot thing - sounds really good!

Monday I made a nice lasagna - it's gone. LOL! Tonight is easy stuff.

I think tomorrow I'm going to be making meatloaf - my family loves my meatloaf - I'm really picky about meatloaf too.

Jim, The sausage thingy sounds good..... details?

LOL I call them smashed taters too!

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hey Bo how do you make your meat loaf? If I may say so myself I make the BEST meatloaf.

Susan

Really? I'd love to have your recipe!

I make mine with angus ground round usually, add egg, garlic salt, pepper, ketchup, tiny bit of milk and wheaties.

I moosh the wheaties first, then add them in - I add each ingrediant and mix well before the next one.

After I mix the final time, I shape it and place it in an oversized corning dish. I do not like using loaf pans like a lot of people do - it traps the grease in it.

I put ketchup on the top and bake at 375° F for as long as it takes.

If you can't tell, I don't cook with recipes all the time. I cook how my great-grandma taught my mom. We use "pinches" and "dashes" a lot LOL!

If you like pumpkin bread - I have the best recipe in the world! My GG gave it to my mom and I ended up making it for friends. This little boy I know loved it so much that I made it for him for his birthday each year in little loaves. I finally named it after him.... Michael's favorite pumpkin bread. His mom tried to make it and he told her it just wasn't like Pennie's LOL! It was that extra dash of love my great grandma put in it for me! ;)

I was looking forward to one of my superduper veggie burgers -- veggie bacon, mushrooms, cheese, the perfect pickle, lettuce (no avocado) and mustard on a toasted bun :) -- but had a superduper burrito instead. (Bean,cheese, egg, jalapeno peppers,greenonion, tomatoes, mushrooms,extra hot salsa). :) :)

Still have a zucchini casserole in the fridge, though, must finish that off. (Zucchini, carrots and green beans, canned and fresh tomatoes, topped withcheese and black olives. Served on rice).

Hmmm... now I'm hungry.

Susan'scarrotsare PERFECT!(Love the idea of cauliflower and cheese, too, 'specially when it's on sale for $1.29 a head -- which is still outrageous for a plant). :rollseyes

sas :biggrin2:

[align=left]Here's my meatloaf recipe. I hope you understand what i wrote.[/b][/align]
[align=center][/b][/align]
[align=center]Susan’s Meatloaf[/b][/align]
[align=center][/b][/align]
1 package of ground beef (I use lean)[/b]

1 package of ground pork[/b]

1 egg[/b]

A few dashes of Worchester Sauce[/b]

A few drops of HP Sauce[/b]

A few drops of Miss Maggi[/b]

Dill, Parsley, Oregano, Basil, Garlic & Onion Powder[/b]

bread crumbs[/b]

Shredded Cheese (I usually use mild or medium cheddar)[/b]

1 can of Campbell’s Tomato Soup (I’m very fussy about my soups must be Campbell’s)[/b]

[/b]

Combine the first 12 ingredients mix well, add enough bread crumbs to keep meat from falling apart (this is the only way I can explain this LOL)[/b]

[/b]

On a piece of wax paper put the meat and flatten it out. Put the shredded cheese on the meat. Roll up the meat. Pinch the meat together so the cheese won’t completely ooze out when cooking. Place in a big enough casserole dish (I usually use one of my Corning ware casserole dishes). I put a touch of oil in the pan. Spread a can of tomato soup on the meatloaf, add about 1 can of water into the pan. Cook for about 45 -60 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy![/b]

Oh that does sound good! I forgot my onion and green pepper in mine tho!!! :shock::p

For some reason I don't like any tomato soup in meatloaf. I tried it and it doesn't do it for me. Otherwise I love your recipe!

BTW - I now have "Campbell's Tomato soup, poss i bilities........." going through my head..... :X:p

I'm hungry for meatloaf now!

I use the Lipton onion soup recipe. It's on the box. It's yummy.

Lasagne is a favorite around here, too. We're trying to eat healthier, so I found an acceptable, lower-fat substitute pasta dish:

Stuffed Jumbo Shells (Jumbo Shells Ripieni)[/b]

Ingredients

1 box (12 ounces) BARILLA Jumbo Shells

1 pound ground beef (I use ground turkey or chicken - just as good, but less fat)

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1bag (6 ounces) baby spinach, chopped

1 cup finely chopped onion

1 clove garlic, minced

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 egg

1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese

1 jar (26 ounces) BARILLA Tomato & Basil Sauce

PREHEAT oven to 350 F.
COOK Shells according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water.
COOK ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain grease.
ADD oil, spinach, onion, garlic, reserved pasta water; continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
ADD seasonings and blend well. Let mixture cool.
STIR in egg and Parmigiano cheese.
POUR 1 cup of the Tomato & Basil Sauce into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
FILL Shells with meat mixture; place in dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells; cover with foil.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

MrsD makes the meatloaf in our house....
.....they won't eat mine :X.

Laura: the Stuffed Shells sound GOOD. I hate to stuff shells though.

I saw a recipe for Lasagna Rolls that I'd like to try.
Actually it was two different recipes....one was kind of traditional recipe, only made in rolls.....the other was made with spinach and/or veggies.

I like Campbell's the best too. :)

Wow! So many good ideas!!

Yes, JimD, it was your sausage dish that I miss. I'm surprised your family let you get away this long without making it! That never would've happened if I lived down the street from you - tellin ya that right now!!

Great recipes shared! Thank you, Susan, for sharing your special meatloaf recipe! I'll definitely print that out - as will I print out Laura's shells recipe. I never make stuffed shells...it seems like I need to give it a try.

A-Pizza-Pie for me tonight! It doesn't sound like much but I LOVE this guy's pizza down the street and look forward to it more than you know.

Happy B-day to Mrs. D and Daughter.I haven't eaten in a Red Lobster in years. Sounds like fun!

Bo, I love Pumpkin! It's definitely one of my favorite foods. Would love the recipe if you've got it hanging around.

Cheryl, I could eat Pasta 7 days a week!

Pipp, sounds like you love your vegetables as much as our rabbits love treats!

I'll post it up for you in a bit Carolyn - I gotta pick up Lexi from an afterschool game night they had. Pumpkin bread is so good warm with a touch of butter..... YUMMY!

Hubby and I love pumpkin too - bo hates it!

The shells recipe looks wonderful! My family would gag! I have the pickiest bunch of goofballs around! Even hubby has gotten spoiled and it drives me crazy! I have to cut green pepper up so tiny that they can't even begin to see what it really is! They'd have fits if they knew I used them in a bunch of stuff LOL!

Latest posts

Back