What's been going on

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
:wave:Yep i'm back again.....have had a few problems with my 'new' laptop...such a long story...have only had it for about 7 months and this was the second time the hard drive failed on me..what saddens me though is that the laptop cost me $2000,so i didn't expect it to fail on me so soon...have lost lots of pictures..i absolutely cried...i know it was my fault though...which is sad.....Acer the company messed around so much i just wasn't a happy person...anyway there is so much more to that story that i could write pages about it..(shakes head).

Anyway..we are all going good here....the bunnies all say a hoppy hello to you all, they are all doing well,and are excited that it's finally spring...but they're a little disappointed cause we haven't had the spring weather yet...but they know it's yet to come lol.

Jack though isn't in the best of health....the last month or soi have been noticing the way Jack has been hopping....when he hop's his back leg's seem lazy kind of thing...i could hear him veryslightly dragging his toenail's on the ground every now and again...well i took him to the vet to be checked out...Jonathon was feeling down his spine and when he came to the lower part of his back Jack kind of moved which was saying that something was wrong....he then tested Jack's reflexe's with one of those thingy's (can't remember what it's called)...you know that thing that the docs knock on your knee...well anyway when Jonathon was doing that Jack's Back leg's made a kind of funny movement...Jonathon said that if Jack's leg's were ok then he would have made a little kind of move...but he didn't:(...Jonathon weighed him and he weigh's just 2kg....he's eating and drinking just fine but i can see him losing weight,and it's worrying me like crazy....Jack is 5 years old and such a beautiful boy..i love him to bit's and it's just sad.....you know.. my Sunshine is 5 and half years old and she is going strong...i guess it's just like us human's..we all age in our own way...but 5 is still young.

He has to go back to the vet soon to have a recheck up and an x ray....which i wanted done when Jonathon first seen him but he didn't wan't to stress him out anymore...

240.jpg

So that's what's been going on

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles, with your laptop and especially Jack. One of the hardest parts about being a pet owner is knowing that there will come a time when you lose them. It's never easy.

I just hope that Jack pulls through this one and lives another 5 happy years with you!

Awww.. i am sorry to hear about your troubles... i hope you get your laptop fixed. I am crossing my fingers that Jack will make it thourgh this. I know you are doing everything you can to help Jack. I hope he feels better soon. Keep us updated. If you need anything, you can pm me and i will do the best to help you with Jack.

You need to stop disappearing on us Cheryl!! I'm sorry to here that Jack is slowing down. I wonder if he has a bit of arthritis? Sparky and Scooter are turning 6 in November and I know I keep a lot closer eye on their health than I used to.

Hi Cheryl. :wave:

So nice to hear from you. :D
Pebbles turned 5 in June and Bebeturned 6 in August. Both are doing really good.

I have Luvabun's Shadow, Jester and Georgia (new bunny) with me while Jan isaway onvacation for about3 weeks.

Thanks everyone :)...I justpicked up my laptop yesterday which was friday here...after two months!....this is why i wasn't very happy....Acer just wouldn't send the company where i bought my laptop from a 500 hard drive thingy (i really don't know what it's called lol just know that it's something about the amount of space)...you's know what i mean...i hope....anyway Acer had sent the company a 250 hard drive thing...it then had to be sent back..Acer just would not send the part for some reason..so there was a lot going on between the company where i bought my laptop and Acer....which i just found very unaceptable...i could go on and on...cause there is just so much to that story....anyway if anything happens again to this laptop,they will finally give me a new one in replacement...

Patti,if my computers stop failing on me i wouldn't have to disappear,anyway i'm going to be buying another laptop sometime later...a cheaper one though...which Jeremy my son can use...he needs it for school anyway...and while we had no pc he had to go to a friend's place to do his work.

And yeah i was thinking arthritis as well and that is specifically why i wanted to get an xray done so i can know for sure...ican book him in for next week..but i'm kinda scared,because i know Jonathon will have to sedate him to be able to do the xray cause Jack is a wriggler and doesn't like to be held..but it has to be done...i hate leaving my bunnies at the vet all day...i always worry about how they deal with being in a strange place....but i always find out that they have done just fine anyway,and i just worried for nothing....but that doesn't stop me worrying everytime still,it doesn't help that i'm a worrier anyway.

I'm jealous Stan!.....you get to bunny sit Jan's gorgeousbabies...

:)

Cheryl, I'm glad to see you back online! I had wondered what happened to you, especially since I'm generally on during the overnight hours when very few others are up.

That sounds like a real frustrating mess with your computer. I have been very lucky with mine, but I'm psyching myself up to buy a new one, once Mac comes out with a refreshed model, probably before the end of the year. At ten years old, my model is an antique. :p

What can be done for arthritis in a bunny? Five does seem young for that. My two will be five, next April.

Nice to see your name back in the users online! :)

Thank's Fran!

Gordon,i can't say how frustrating that whole situation was, have never been through anything like that before with any company,and the funny thing is that i'm a very quiet personand i don't alway's voice my opinion's in situation's,i'm very shy as well which doesn't help,but this time i actually stood up and complained,i was just so frustrated cause i was getting the run around and everyone was telling me all differen't thing's...it was just really ridiculous...but i'm glad to just have my laptop back,i will just be keeping my fingers crossed that the hard drivedoesn't go again....ohhh well if anybody notices me disappear again sometimedown the track..you all will know that i'm having problem's with the laptop again lol.

When i take Jackback to the vet to get his xray done,i'll ask more questions about medication for arthritis.

It's not a bad day today..a bit windy but it's not cold,i'm sitting outside with the bunnies,Jack just went through thetube comes out the other end and chins the edge of the tube,then Sunny does exactly the same thing lol,funny bunnies,i love sitting here just watching them,i could just sit here all day.

Cheryl, I understand. I too avoid confrontation as much as possible, but I'm glad you got things taken care of! :)

Sounds like Jack is feeling pretty good, if he's running through tubes. I'll stay tuned to hear how the x-rays go.

Gordon wrote:
Cheryl, I understand. I too avoid confrontation as much as possible, but I'm glad you got things taken care of! :)

Sounds like Jack is feeling pretty good, if he's running through tubes. I'll stay tuned to hear how the x-rays go.

Gordon,I have always been a person to avoid confrontations,again it's cause i'm shy,i'm alway's being told i need to stand up and use my voice more....anyway i got so fustrated cause one person would tell me one thing then another would tell me something else...I just wanted my laptop fixed and handed back!

Jack still get's around ok,he is slowing down though,i have been noticing that as well,i will be worrying about when he get's the xray done though cause i'm worried if it might turn out to be bad news or something....I just hate it when something is wrong with one of my bunnies..I worry so much.

Becca wrote:
I hope Jack gets better soon! And I'm sorry you had trouble with your laptop! Their so annoying when they go wrong!!

Seeya around!

Becca x
...Thank's becca...and yep tell me about it...computer's are really annoying,especially when they are new and the hard drive fails two time's...shakes head

It would have been nice, and great customer relations, if the place you bought your computer from had provided you with a loaner during the downtime. That's a crazy amount of time to wait for something to get resolved, especially when I would think it was still under warranty.

I understand the worries. Believe me, I do. ;)

You said you'd probably have to leave Jack for the x-rays, because he'd have to be sedated. The only time I ever left my two guys at the vet was when they were neutered, and then I later found out, due to my stupidity, the vet wasn't rabbit-savvy; he had told me to withold food from them for 12 hours prior to the procedure. Talk about upset, after I found out that was wrong. Now I have a great vet who knows his bunnies, and I know a lot more now, too. :)

Gordon wrote:
It would have been nice, and great customer relations, if the place you bought your computer from had provided you with a loaner during the downtime. That's a crazy amount of time to wait for something to get resolved, especially when I would think it was still under warranty

Exactly!...this is what annoyed me as well...the laptop is still under warranty..and ok fair enough if the hard drive failed once...i know things do go wrong....but it failed the second time about two months later!....so i think they should have replaced it with a newlaptop straight away....ugh!..sorry to go on about it but i'm still quite annoyed about the whole situation....and yes i was complaining to Janet at work about them not offering a loan pc...maybe it's my fault as well cause i didn't ask...

I know Jack will definitely have to be sedated to have his xray cause he's a feisty little guy....where as Charlie and Pippi(rip)had never had to be sedated to have an xray...they were good little bunnies....but Jack is a differen't story and cause he's so feisty when he's being held i'm going to worry about how he is going to be handled at the vet...gosh i'm alway's worrying bout thing's before it has even happened..i'm just really worried.

Oh and i would also have to leave him there all day as i have to work

Oki'm going to take Jack to the vet on Friday to have his xray,need to find out why he is also losing weight even though he eats just fine...but only recently he has knocked back pellets,he just wouldn't eat them...just hay...I am noticing him changing in way's...ugh!...I hate this.

Will update what happens thisFriday night

So glad to see you back! Good luck at the vet's. I don't want to upset you, but I worry a bit about EC. Hind leg weakness is an early sign of EC. I know you've had some heartbreaking battles with this disease, so I'll be praying it's just arthritis. Also, there is a new drug that Randy has been using to treat EC called Marquis (ponazuril sp?) that is made for horses but does a good job with EC. Anyway, I don't want to upset you, but it's best if you can prepare mentally for the worst possible, sometimes.

[[hugs]]

Hi Claire and thanks!,

You know im glad you brought up the subject on EC...i have been worrying bout that for a while now and i did voice my concern's to Jonathon...he was one of the doctors that Pippi (rip)had been to through-out his treatment,so he knows what i went through,he knows me that much now that he know's i'm a terrible worrier and he always tries to reassure me in ways....So yeah i have been worrying about that but was kinda scared to mention it again....I seriously thought Charlie had EC a while ago...I thanked god that she didn't have it but it's alway's in the back of my mind...now i keep praying that Jack doesn't have it....maybe he's losing weight for another reason?...he weigh's just 2kg...you can feel his spine....at tea time Some bunny will bump into Jack and he kinda loses his balance.

Jack is booked in to have his xray on friday,i'm already nervous and will not stop worrying until i pick him up Friday after work.

WOW huni sorry 2 hear of all the BS thats happening with your computer...Since it cose a good deal have you thought about using it as a shot-put and the target could b Acer...lol

Good luck with the Vet!!!!

Back