What

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would only be a risk if they had the same virus and their bodies reacted the same way to the virus. Some critters (and people, too) their body can correct itself, and the problem is "gone", and in others it may not be serious enough to warrant anything to be done about it. The virus could have been anything... in people it can be caused even be caused by the common cold or flu.

Then myocarditus also may not even be caused by a virus in this case. It could have been bacteria, mold... It's hard to say exactly where he got it from, and if it was something that could be a repeat in the breeders rabbits, or affect our own rabbits at home. I asked about our rabbits, and the vet said that if they were acting COMPLETELY normal, not even any subtle change, then they were probably fine and not to worry.

It sucks, because it's like... Who knows. Do we risk getting another rabbit from them, or is it a one off thing? I have no idea.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm fairly new here and he sounded so cute so I went back and read about him. He was such a gorgeous bunny and I was crying as I saw his pictures. I can only imagine what you're going thru.

Latest posts

Back