What

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that I write this...

A few days ago, our young English lop was brought to me in quite a pathetic state by my wife... He was limp and unresponsive. It wasn't long untilhe passed away in my arms.

I can't say how much I loved this sweet, cuddly, endearing little rabbit. I have never met a bunny who wanted as much human interaction as he did, or wanted to just be with you as much as him. I knew he loved us, as much as we loved him, because he showed it to us everyday. He was hilarious with his antics, and was always just doing the funniest things... This baby was so, so special, and our hearts are broken over his very untimely passing. I miss cuddling with him before bed so much. Myheart aches for the weight of him in my arms.... Or to have him nestled up beside me on the couch, just hanging out. I loved him very, very much. He meant so much to me, and I miss him so much. I am in tears typing this... It just isn't fair that he was taken away from us so soon. He was such a young bunny. It's just not right.

Rest in peace my sweet darling... Don't forget to remember me.

[align=center]
IMG_0457.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
IMG_0880.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
IMG_0945.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
IMG_0503.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]They say memories are golden
Well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories
I only wanted you
[/align]

RIP sweet baby What. You were a precious boy. I had the unfortunate honor of talking to Cait online when they found What and as he died. Cait, everyone love What and he was a special bunny. I know I'll never forget him even though I never met him.

Oh no! I saw the title of this thread and my heart sank...I hoped it was not you posting.

I'm heartbroken - and I'm so sorry for your loss. I was so looking forward to watching and hearing about him grow up through your stories and pictures.

Oh no....I saw thename and knew. I'm so sorry for your loss.What was a gorgeous boy. My thoughts are with you.

:pink iris:Binky Free What :pink iris:

:rainbow:

It's just he was so far into our hearts... He was my heart bunny, even in the short time we had him. He was just SPECIAL. Everyone loved him, so much. It's really hard to take care of the other bunns and let them out and whatnot and then he's not there, begging to be let out and be petted. It hurts.

We did have a necropsy done. He had myocarditus, which is inflamation of the heart. Just his heart gave out that night... It was probably caused by a virus, and then when the virus went away, his body continued to inflame the heart muscle, weakening it. He would have been in pain. :( I just wish we had known sooner... We would have either got him on meds or had him PTS.

I just wanted to say thanks to Shiloh for being there for me that night... It was heartbreaking but I am glad she was there. I truly appreciate that.

Oh no! I am so sorry! :( What was such a gorgeus bunny, I really admired him. I can't imagine what it's like to loose a bunny you are close to.

Binky free What! xxxxxxx

:pink iris:

I had the same heart sinking feeling as everyone else did when I saw What's name. He was such a handsome boy and I know how much you loved him. I'm so very sorry Cait. RIP What. :rainbow:

Sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful bun and it seems that he was very much loved and had a great home with you.
Binky free little what :angelandbunny:

I am so incredibly sorry. I saw the name and didn't want to believe it was your sweet little boy. Such a terrible shock and I know you cared so much for him. He had such a great life ahead of him, full of love and a wonderful family. I am glad you got the necropsy, though. It shows what we know is true--that there was nothing you could have done and he was hiding a very serious illness. My bf sitting here says I need to not get so worked up over bunnies and people I've never met, but I can't help it; What was such a special guy and had such a great family. Rest peacefully, sweet one.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, couldn't believe it when I saw the name on the thread.

Binky free, sweet What.

we're so sorry for your loss. He was certainly a gorgeous little guy and full of personality. It's almost like they steal part of your heart away, and when we have to say goodbye it leaves such a void. Rest in peace little one and binky free--you are loved and missed by all.

I'm so sorry, Cait. I don't often visit here, as I'm prone to crying my eyes out at these announcements, but I saw What's name and had to come by. He was very special and his loss will be felt. I'm sorry you lost him so soon after welcoming him into your heart and home.

oh my gosh I am in tears reading this. I am so sorry to read this news.

I know he had a great time with you guys. I hope the pain in your heart lessens each day...

Cait, it seems like the most special bunnies only stay with us for a little while. You only had What for about a month and a half, right? But he sure made an impression on the forum and wormed his way into your heart in that time! I don't think the amount of time someone has a bunny affects how important they are to their owners.

What reminds me of my Tallulah in so many ways, even before he died. She was taken much too soon also and was incredibly special.

I'm glad you had the necropsy done so now you know what exactly happened to him. Is the myocarditis a risk to your other bunnies? Could he have got it at the breeder's house, so maybe it wouldn't be safe to get another bunny from there? I just don't want you to go through the same thing again. After Tallulah died, my first instinct was to get one of her sisters, but the vet advised against it in case her sisters carried the same illness.

RIP little Whattie Butt.

Back