What would you do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBinky

Reaction score
So...

I've had problems with my lower back for years. Ever since the high school days with the extra heavy backpacks really. Picking up a baby from a crib causes me to lock completely and it's really painful. That's the sort of problem I've been experiencing on and off since. I often get backaches and usually I'll just sleep on the floor for a day or two with my knees bent and put some Tiger balm and it'll go away on its own.

However, it's been a few weeks now. My back keeps locking. The weird thing is that it's not so much lifting heavy stuff as much as it is bending or standing still that hurts. Doing the dishes is painful :?I know it's odd but that's what I'm experiencing. I've been experiencing really bad numbness in my right leg on and off. Usually it happens after I go to the bathroom so I figure it must be from a particular position... The other day, I put a box away and I locked up really badly. It wasn't because the box was heavy, it was because the ceiling in the closet was slanted and I was bent and I locked. I went to my bedroom and cried until it eased.

I'm being told to have it checked out. The thing is, I worry about running to the doctor and it being something really minor... I hate when the doctor gives you the Do-you-come-running-for-every-little-thing look. If it's just a muscle or something, I figure there isn't much anyone can do? I don't mind going, I just would hate going for nothing. What would you do?

** I wanted to add that I was pulling Mario incorrectly. Instead of pulling him parallel to the floor, I was basically lifting him :?So I might have hurt myself from that movement as well, so it's possible that it's unrelated to the previous pain and I pulled something **

Since its persistent and causing you problems I would get it checked out. Make sure your doctor does tests and doesn't just look and feel your back saying its ok. If everything tests "ok" then you might want to try a good chiropractor.

My docs told me there was nothing they could do for my back pain. After living in constant pain I decided to try a chiropractor. He has done wonders for my back and headaches. Make sure you find a good one though, one that asks to see xrays etc.

Do you lose anything by getting it checked? No, so therefore you can only gain or stay as you are, you won't lose anything, so I would say go and get it checked out.

yeah, luckily I know a good chiropractor because my dad has been seeing one over the years (he's a truck driver). I was just hoping to avoid it if possible because I really didn't feel like spending on it :)Anyway, I guess if I have to, I have to. Beh!

Hey, Sophie! I've been seeing a Chiro on and off for years! I love them. I've had my neck lock up, that's real fun!:shock: I totally wait too long to go is my problem, haha.

Bending/twisting they say is bad as well, so try and restrict doing that. Tingling/numbness doesn't sound good, I've heard that that can be a Sciatic (sp?) nerve problem. Which a Chiropractor can help. Have they ever said that that is your problem? Have you ever had the numbness/tingling before? If not, that might be what it is.

Best of luck, girl. Keep us posted!:hug:

Get it checked out and don't worry about the doctor - that's their job! If it's been bother you for that long then it's not likely to go away on its own.

Physical therapy might work too. My husband had back problems in the past. My husband did physical therapy andwhen he wasbetter, he joined a gym and saw a personal trainer. She gave him a number of"core" strengthening exercises to do and he does themat least three times a week and has been problem free for 2 years now.

I would get it checked out before seeing a chiro. when I first hurt my neck I went to this quack doctor who wanted to start popping my neck before he even knew what was wrong with it so I left and went to another doctor - who found another med. problem besides my neck injury. If he would have popped my neck it could have caused me major problems... Im not against chiro. , but i do recommend seein a doctor before the chiro just to make sure so you dont end up with a worse problem

bat42072 wrote:
I would get it checked out before seeing a chiro. when I first hurt my neck I went to this quack doctor who wanted to start popping my neck before he even knew what was wrong with it so I left and went to another doctor - who found another med. problem besides my neck injury. If he would have popped my neck it could have caused me major problems... Im not against chiro. , but i do recommend seein a doctor before the chiro just to make sure so you dont end up with a worse problem
I guess I should have mentioned that most good Chiros take X-rays before doing anything to you. They must see your situation before doing any "cracking". I was sure Sophie was aware of that when I said it, but, didn't realize it might question some, sorry 'bout that guys!;)

I try to stay as far away as I physically can from chiropractors. I have ongoing back problems, so yeah... If I need my back cracked, I have Will hug me and pick me up. I rarely resort to that, though. Go to the reg. doctor first, they can show you some stretches & exercises that can help fix it for now and help prevent it later.

Thanks guys.

The chiropractor is really good and does x-rays before touching anything so I'm not worried. He's a very serious man and he loves what he does, working very long hours etc. My father's been seeing him for 20 years. At least right now my focus is off my back, I had a severe asthma attack so now every inch of my body hurts. That really didn't help my back and ribs though :?Lol. I'm gonna wait and see, I'm still borderline so I will keep the money to cover any eventual ambulance costs. Yippee. Hopefully it'll settle and I can get this looked into soon enough.

my chiro did do xrays but my problem showed up with a mri-(chieri type1 malformation- it where part of my brain stem is in my spinal col. not visible by x rays...)
Im not saying chiropractors are bad... im just saying I would see a doctor first to make sure its not something more serious

Latest posts

Back