What type of litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Aspen bark shavings covered with a thinlayer of Timothy hay. This is the cheapest and most absorbant I havecome up with so far. I tried Carefresh but it is a bit pricy, and thebuns didn't seem to like the wood pellets (Feline pine) which can alsobe a bit expensive with two bunnies :) I haven't been able to get myhands on any wood stove pellets yet but have heard they work well too.

Jenniblu wrote:
Is it okay for rabbits to eat Yesterday's News?
Hi Jenniblu
wave.gif

I've only used one bag of Yesterday's New's, but I had wire bottomswith a drop pan below and the buns couldn't get at it. Costs too much,anyway. I've got 6 buns.

The only thing I can find is that it is non-toxic according to their website @

http://www.yesterdaysnews.com

Some people do worry about their bunnies getting digestive tractimpactions from eating paper products. Mine chew and shred paper, butconsume very little of it if any at all.

I use Woody Pet (***sings song***does dance***).It's by far the best. I've used just about everything else fromnewspaper & shavings to CareFresh. I'd like to pick up somestove pellets to see how they perform, but I love my Woody Pet! Priceand performance can't be beat... availability is another story, though.

:~) Jim

Jenniblu wrote:
I've heard several recommendations for Woody Pet on thisboard, but don't think it is sold in my area.:)
The following my be of some help.....

If anyone in this fine rabbit forum has any questionsregarding Woody Pet Professional Animal Bedding, please email me director call theWoody Pettoll free number. We will be more thanhappy to answer any questions or direct you to a Woody Pet Beddingoutlet. (hopefully in your area)[email protected]

888-535-9816 toll free

Dave Jr.

Woody Pet Products Inc

I have a wire bottomed cage! And when my bunsare in there we give them a bed filled with hay! Well, they used thatas a litter box instead of a bed so we also put a litter box into thecage. Well, now they use both and sleep in the litter box. I just dontwant them to have to stand on the wire all the time so we give them thebed and since they are outside they have the bed.

Thank you for great info, I was using cedar formy bunny, this could be part of his sneezing problem,will get that outright away, guess I have alot to learn.:)

We are trying to arrage a trip to get Woody petand while we are there see my husbands grandma.. I can only imaginedoing the trip twice a year at the most cause ofmissing work and the driving. i have two bunnies how manybags would i need to last for 6 months.

Cristy

I have one Netherland Dwarf,Pebbles. I bought Woody Pet inmid February and I am still on myfirst bag. That is how long it'slasting me..... ( about 3 months before I'm finished thebag). Think of all the money I'm savingon litter. :D

Depending on how much you use and how much you throwout.......You might be using 1 bagevery4 weeks? Itnever hurts to have extra on hand.In my case I bought 10 bags....( toomany)......leaving me 9 bags in thebasement. :p

Rainbows! :)

Back