What Type of bunny is Baloo?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy

Reaction score
I was told he was a New Zealand x Dwarf Lop cross? I am not sure that they were anymore educated with bunnies than I am though since they also told me that he was a she and after I had babies the second time(the first time I just thought my other female came pregnant)I checked him out and found under all his fur, him to have little boy equipment almost as big as my male beagle's jewels.

007-11.jpg

Looks like he is at least part nethie. He has the face of one.

He is about half the size of of my New Zealand doe. You have a guess as to his age?

I was looking at different rabbit breed and found several that he looks like he could be mixed with. I really don't see any lop resemblance.

All of ours are rescues, so age is a guess as well as lineage. Some you can pick out characteristics such as a Nethie face or ears but it's mostly just guesswork. We were told Serena was a full grown English Spot so we expected her to be a good size bunny, but it turns out she was about a 4 month old Checkered Giant and she almost tripled in size. Can you say "Suprise!"

I'd actually say he may be a purebred Holland Lop. If not full Holland, I'd almost certainly say he's a Holland mix. He has the typical round HL face, round teaspoon shaped ears, and a short wide body.

Ear carriage is determined by the development of the cartilage or "crown" between the ears. Some Hollands end up with poor ear carriage genetically, or like I said, it could be that he's mixed with something. But aside from his nearly vertical ears, all of his other features say Holland to me.

His color is either very smutty orange or tort otter.

Now that I look at it, he does look like a Holland or Holland mix.

his ears do look a bit helicoptery lol

Latest posts

Back