What type of bunny I have

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know the breed, but funny that my bunny is also Mocha, or at least one of them.

A dwarf is a size and your little girl does nothave the ears of a Netherland dwarf she may be mixed with dwarf. She issooo very beautiful and looks very sweet. I like her markings andcolor. Your unfurry family looks nice too

She's a mixed breed, most likely with some lop inthe background due to the length, shape and width of herears. She's very pretty!

Pam

Awwww she is pretty. Kinda reminds me of my bunny Lucky that died in the winter. we called her luckybunny.

Cristy

MyGrl2K3,

So sorry about LuckyBunny. I'm sure she was just that: Lucky to have been in your care.

Welcome to the forum, Guitarsweety,

That picture of Mocha's ears popping up from out of the flower patch isAdorable! It looks like your little Princess has gotten quitecomfortable in her new home.

I have a Polish rabbit. They're considered a small breed. Although he'sonly about 4 lbs., I can tell the difference between his 'adult'pictures and his baby pictures.

Mocha's precious!

If she's anything like M&SMom's Mocha, you're in for quite a ride!M&SMom's Mocha will go after dogs if she feels they need to be putin their place. He has no fear.

-Carolyn

My words of advice, GOOD LUCK! lol, my Mocha is abrat, I love him to death and he's so incredibly calm after having himfor a year. But he's definately the troublesome one out of the two.lol, I'm sure you'll love her just as much even if she isn't or is likemy Mocha boy, lol.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

My daughter says your bunny looks like an EnglishSpot :) Spots weigh 5-8 lbs at maturity. She wouldcertainly have some English Spot in her distant background, as that'swhere the color pattern gene came from for many of the spottedbreeds. Spots come in a number of different colors.

Here's my daughter's spotshttp://www.geocities.com/stephnock/EnglishSpots.html

You can view her Dwarf Hotot photosherehttp://www.geocities.com/stephnock/

Dwarf Hotots also carry the English Spotting gene.

Pam

PS Carolyn -- The beautiful floral arrangement in back of the first 2 spot photos are the flowers you sent to me :)

I never realized that all spots came from theEnglish Spots I love learning that kind of stuff. Why are Hotots sovery smart. We had one at rescue who was so smart. Also the two in 4Hreally seem to out shine the other guys. The little hotot does jumpsand obstacles so naturally without any rewards or coaxing. Maybe i justran into the Einsteins of the breed but for real are they like that sosmart and outgoing

bunty wrote:
Inever realized that all spots came from the English Spots I lovelearning that kind of stuff. Why are Hotots so very smart. We had oneat rescue who was so smart. Also the two in 4H really seem to out shinethe other guys. The little hotot does jumps and obstacles so naturallywithout any rewards or coaxing. Maybe i just ran into the Einsteins ofthe breed but for real are they like that so smart and outgoing

Spotted rabbits can also be traced back to the CheckeredGiant. Both the Checkered and English are very old breeds andhave been extensively bred into American stock, contributing the"English Spotting" gene to many of our breeds today. Thesetwo breeds have been known for over 100 years. Thesmaller English Spot would have been used to introduce the spottinggene to smaller breeds of rabbits.

Dwarf Hotots do seem to be more personable and moreintelligentthan some other breeds. English Spotsand Tans are also very intelligent.

Lops got the cool ears, but lost out when it came to what breeds got the brains LOL

Pam

aww i love those pictures! looks like my bunnyexcept mine's all white, and i think mine's ears are longer. Buthey...anyways....i love the name mocha. its so relaxing lol (wow impathetic)

Latest posts

Back